This blueberry banana baked oatmeal has become a staple for my personal meal prep clients. It is sweet, filling, kid friendly, and super simple to make. The fresh blueberries combined with ripe bananas are so delicious. This recipe only requires 5 minutes of hands on time which means it is super easy to make!
Blueberry banana baked oatmeal ingredients:
- Sprouted gluten free oats-Sprouted oats undergo a germination process that activates fiber which makes them easier to digest for people like me. I got a large bag from Costco.
- Banana-Make sure it is ripe! The riper it is, the sweeter it will be. Slice your banana up.
- Blueberries-I have only used fresh for this recipe. Frozen blueberries contain more water and may make the blueberry baked oatmeal watery.
- Raw honey-As the sweetener. You can swap this for pure maple syrup.
- Coconut milk-You can also use almond milk.
- Cinnamon-To give a nice kick!
- Baking powder-To help the oats rise.
- Egg-To bind everything together.
How to make:
- First, preheat the oven to 350.
- Next, spray a 15 by 9 pan with avocado oil or cooking oil of choice.
- Now, place all ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly making sure everything is mixed throughout.
- Lay out the oat mixture evenly in the baking dish.
- Place in the oven and bake for 35 minutes.
- Allow the blueberry oatmeal to cool prior to cutting.
How should I serve this?
- I love eating this oatmeal bake nice and warm with fresh berries or banana on top! To reheat, you can place it in the microwave for 20 seconds or in the oven at 350 for 5-10 minutes.
Are oats paleo?
- Technically no. Technically grains are avoided on the paleo protocol, however some people find that once their gut heals they can tolerate them. I can tolerate them in small amounts and really enjoy eating them so I do eat them as a treat. It took me years to get to this point though, I was strictly grain free for 4 years prior.
What kind of pan do you use?
- I love this one here!
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE:
- Blueberry banana overnight oats
- Pumpkin spice oat flour muffins
- Blueberry maple turkey breakfast sausage
- Brussel sprout bacon sweet potato breakfast hash
If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.
Blueberry Banana Baked Oatmeal
- Large baking dish
- 2 1/4 cups oats make sure they are gluten free. I like sprouted
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 banana sliced, make sure it is ripe
- 3/4 cup coconut milk or almond milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup blueberries I like fresh
- 1 egg
To serve: (I like to reheat if it is cold)
- fresh berries
- almond slivers
- Preheat the oven to 350. Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix together. Spray an 9 by 15 baking pan with avocado oil and spread out the oat mixture. Bake for 35 minutes. Let sit for 10 minutes prior to cutting and serving.
- If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.