These healthy Air Fryer Salmon Bites are almost TOO easy! In less than 15 minutes, these crispy bite-size salmon pieces can be ready on the table. These can be enjoyed as a snack, appetizer, salad topping, or as an entree. This is a great option for meal prep since reheating takes less than 5 minutes.
Serve them with your favorite dipping sauce or with a spritz of fresh lemon. If you are a fan of quick and easy salmon dishes, this recipe is perfect for you!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Air Fryer Salmon Bites require less than 5 ingredients and less than 15 minutes of prep time!
- These make a great snack, appetizer, entree, or salad topping.
- Customizations can be made easily by swapping for your seasoning-of-choice.
- Check out Air Fryer Steak Bites, too– overall the same concept as this recipe, but with steak.
- This recipe is naturally paleo, grain free, gluten free, dairy free, soy free, Whole30 friendly, nut free, flourless, low carb, and refined sugar free.
- If you would rather get this recipe delivered right to your front door, check out my Pittsburgh-based paleo meal prep menu. We deliver dishes like this and so many other yummy snacks!
- Salmon– Any kind of salmon works. If it has skin, be sure to slice it off prior to cutting the salmon into bite-size pieces. I love to get meat and seafood products from Butcher Box! It is high quality and gets delivered right to your front door. Use my Butcher Box link to get free meat with your order.
- Cajun seasoning– Seasons the salmon perfectly, with just a bit of spice. Cajun seasoning is usually a blend of paprika, cayenne, garlic powder, pepper, and oregano. If you are not a fan of cajun seasoning, feel free to use your favorite spice blend– anything will be delicious.
- Olive oil– Holds the seasoning to the salmon. This also greases the air fryer so that the salmon pieces don’t stick!
- Lemon– Brightens the flavor. This is optional, but a little spritz of fresh lemon on these salmon bites is amazing.
See recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
Substitutes and Variations
- Cajun seasoning -Any spice blend can be substituted for the seasoning depending on your preference.
- Olive oil -Avocado oil would work well in place of olive olive oil.
- Lemon – If you don’t have fresh lemons on hand, lemon juice can be used in a pinch.
This recipe has not been tested with other substitutions or variations. If you replace or add any ingredients, please let us know how it turned out in the comments below!
Step by Step Instructions
You can use a dipping sauce such as Lemon Dill Aioli. These would also make a great salad topping – takes a basic salad to the next level!
Salmon is a great source of protein, healthy fats, and various essential vitamins and minerals. In addition, salmon is packed with omega-3 fatty acids which are known to reduce inflammation and lower blood pressure.
Cajun seasoning is generally a blend of paprika, cayenne, garlic powder, pepper, and oregano. It is a mild-medium seasoning. It has some heat too, but it is not overpowering.
- Tip #1: Overcooked salmon becomes very dry, so you won’t want to overcook these. The best way you can tell if salmon is done is by temping it with a meat thermometer. Salmon should temp at 145 degrees F with a meat thermometer.
- Tip #2:I love throwing Air Fryer Salmon Bites on some mixed greens, with assorted veggies, and some Whole30 Ranch!
- Tip #3: Some other great appetizers that you can make along with these delicious snacks are our buffalo chicken meatballs, everything bagel wings, air fryer potato skins, or peanut butter and jelly wings.
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
- You may reheat them in the air fryer at 400 degrees F for 1-2 minutes.
Other Air Fryer Recipes You Will Love
Did you try this recipe?
Leave a rating and a review below.
Air Fryer Salmon Bites
- 1 lb salmon cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp cajun seasoning
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- Cut the salmon into 2-inch bite-size pieces.
- Coat the salmon with olive oil and cajun season. Toss so it is evenly coated.
- Spray your air fryer with cooking oil spray and place the salmon chunks into the air fryer.
- Cook at 400 degrees F for 5 minutes. Serve with lemon wedges.