This whole30 greek salad is super simple to make, super fresh and full of flavor! The crunchy purple onions combined with the plump red cherry tomatoes and crunchy peppers is to die for. This whole30 salad only takes minutes to make and is a great salad to prepare for meal prep while doing the Whole30!
I have always hated purple onions but as I have gotten older I am obsessed with them! Purple onions can take a dish to a whole new level and really add a nice crunch. I love this recipe because it is super fresh, crunchy and full of flavor.
Whole30 greek salad ingredients:
For the salad:
- Grape tomatoes-I love these crunchy little tomatoes! Make sure they are fresh, firm and washed. You can cut them in half but I only suggest doing this if you plan on eating the salad right away. If you do not eat it right away and cut them in half they may get soggy.
- Cucumbers & zucchini-Adds a nice crunch! I will say if you plan on prepping this salad in advance, you could swap this with extra zucchini because zucchini has less water and will last longer in the fridge.
- Purple onion-To give this salad a nice crunch! I personally like to slice it longways in this salad.
- Red wine vinegar-I love this taste in this paleo greek salad. You can use apple cider vinegar if you are avoiding the alcohols in vinegars.
- Sea salt and dried herbs-To taste.
- Olive oil-My go to oil for salads. You can use avocado oil here but it may change the flavor of the salad.
How to make:
- Place all salad ingredients in a bowl, then add in the dressing ingredients and mix with a spoon.
Can I make this paleo greek salad in advance?
- Yes you can! I suggest not cutting the tomatoes if you are going to prep it beforehand. If you want it to be super fresh, add in the dressing prior to serving.
What should I serve with this vegan greek salad?
I feel like this greek salad makes for the best summer side dish! I would love to eat this with:
If you like this salad, you will love my other paleo salads:
If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.
Whole30 Greek Salad
- Large bowl
- baking sheet
- 1 large cucumber diced
- 20 mini grape tomatoes
- 1/2 half purple onion sliced or diced
- 1 small zucchini diced and cubed
For the dressing:
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- pinch sea salt
- Mix the dressing in a bowl and toss with the veggies. Store in the fridge for up to 3 days.If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.