These Keto Eggs Muffins With Bacon are super easy and quick to make! We love having these egg cups around for breakfasts and snacks. This recipe only takes 10 minutes to prepare and 30 minutes to bake. I like batch cooking these at the start of the week to have on hand for breakfasts on the go.
Why This Recipe Works
- First off, having breakfast prepared and ready to go just makes life so much easier.
- Secondly, these egg muffins are super filling.
- Third, you can add as many vegetables as you would like to this recipe to help get your veggies in! This recipe is a good one for you to use to sneak some veggies in for your kids.
- We like to bulk prepare these and make them all week long.
- If you like this recipe, you will also LOVE my Pizza Egg Muffins.
- This recipe is naturally keto, low carb, paleo, Whole30, gluten free, dairy free and grain free friendly.
- While this recipe is great for breakfasts, we also love having these egg muffins on hand for snacks too!
- Eggs-I like pasture raised eggs. You can tell a difference in the color of the yolk!
- Peppers-I like green, red or yellow peppers for this recipe!
- Dill-If you have yet figured out dill is by far my favorite dried herb. It adds so much flavor to any dish! If you are not a big dill fan like me you can totally skip this ingredient.
- Red onion-I love red onions. They are my favorite! I like to add in some chopped red onion, while this is totally optional-I highly recommend.
- Breakfast sausage or bacon-I love adding meat to my egg muffins. This is not a must but in my opinion adds so much flavor. I like getting my breakfast sausage and bacon from Butcher Box. Every month they sent me a box of the best quality of stuff right to my door. All of their meats and proteins are grass fed, wild caught and pasture raised. If you use my Butcher Box link, you can get free ground meat with your order every month.
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
Substitutions And Variations
- Peppers-I also loved mushrooms or sautéd kale in my egg muffins cups!
- Onions-While I love onions and think they add so much flavor, if onions are not your thing you can skip!
This recipe has not been tested with other substitutions or variations. If you replace or add any ingredients, please let us know how it turned out in the comments below!
Step By Step Instructions
- While any kind of muffin pan will work, I highly suggest a silicone baking muffin pan. They are much easier to clean and the muffins will literally pop right out.
- Tip #1: Allow the muffins to cool for at least 10 minutes prior to removing from the pan.
- Tip #2: I like to cook the muffins until they are slightly browned on top!
- Tip #3: If you are not using a silicone pan, do not use paper muffin liners. I suggest using a silicone muffin pan! They are so much easier to clean and they won’t stick like they do with the paper liners.
Pasture raised eggs are eggs from chickens that were raised partially outside of a coup. When animals are crammed inside of a coup it affects the quality of their life which then affects the nutrients in them. This is why I prefer to buy pasture raised chicken too!
Yes! These muffins will last in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Yes! Just skip the bacon.
I love reheating egg muffins in the air fryer at 350 degrees for 5-10 minutes! You can also reheat in the microwave however they are not as crispy in the microwave. I suggest using the air fryer or oven for crispy egg muffins.
- You can store the muffins in the fridge for up to 5 days in an air tight container.
- Egg muffins freeze well for up to one month in the freezer.
Other Gluten Free Breakfast Recipes You Will Love
Are you interested in getting a list of my healthy go to alternatives?
Download your FREE guide below
- muffin pan I like a silicone muffin pan
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup peppers diced
- ¼ cup onion diced, optional
- 2 tablespoons dried dill
- 12 links breakfast sausage diced, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350. Crack and whisk the eggs with the dill. Divide the egg batter up into the 12 muffin cups. Then sprinkle in the vegetables and optional breakfast sausage. Bake for 30 minutes.
So delicious!! We love to make a big batch of these and have them for breakfast for the week!
Allianna Moximchalk says
Perfect for make ahead breakfasts on the go!! So glad you enjoy!