These Flourless Gluten Free Zucchini Muffins are super soft and moist! They only take 10 minutes to prep and are a treat the whole family can enjoy. These muffins are not only gluten free but they are also flourless. The combination of the eggs and almond butter makes them a great blood sugar balanced option for breakfast.
What Makes This Recipe So Good?
- The zucchini and chocolate combination is so tasty!
- These muffins are naturally dairy free, gluten free, grain free, flourless, refined sugar free, soy free, and paleo friendly.
- This recipe only takes 10 minutes of hands-on time to prepare!
- These muffins can be stored in the freezer, if you want to save some for later on!
- All you have to do is throw everything in the blender – this makes clean up SO easy!
- We make flourless muffins every week on my weekly meal prep menu! If you are in the Pittsburgh area, check out my meal prep menu.
- Almond butter–This is the base of the recipe and what allows the muffins to be smooth! Make sure you use a creamy almond butter.
- Zucchini–Washed and grated!
- Chocolate chips–Enjoy life is my favorite brand!
- Maple syrup–Acts as a sweetener. If you are looking for a lower carb option, you can skip this!
- Eggs–Bind the muffins together.
- Baking soda–Pushes the muffins to expand.
- Apple cider vinegar–This helps the muffins rise, along with the baking soda.
How To Make:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place all ingredients, EXCEPT zucchini & chocolate chips, into a blender. Blend this mixture until it is smooth.
- Add grated zucchini and chocolate chips into the blender. Gently fold in, using a spatula.
- Either line your muffin pan with paper liners or use a silicone muffin pan! Divide up the batter. Be sure to only fill the muffins half way because they will rise!
- Bake the muffins for 20 minutes, or until you can stick a fork in the muffins and the fork comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to sit for at least 10 minutes prior to moving them.
Can I Substitute Peanut Butter For Almond Butter?
- Sure! However, peanut butter has a richer taste than almond butter. So please note that the taste will be a bit different.
What Kind of Almond Butter Should I Use?
- I suggest using a creamy and smooth almond butter (one without almond chunks). I love using the Kirkland brand for this! They have the best almond butter made from pure almonds– no fillers. I have found it to be the best bang for your buck!
How Long Do These Muffins Last?
- I suggest eating them within 5 days. You can also freeze them for up to a month, to have a stash on hand!
How Should I Store Them?
- I suggest storing the muffins in an airtight container in the fridge! They are so yummy when they are chilled!
- If you are able, invest in the silicone muffin pans! They are so easy to clean and the muffins literally pop right out.
- Be sure to allow the muffins to sit (at least 10 minutes) prior to moving them, to prevent them from falling apart.
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE:
- Gluten Free Banana Walnut Muffins
- Gluten Free Strawberry Muffins
- Gluten Free Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Gluten Free Apple Muffins
- Gluten Free Zucchini Bread
If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.xoxo-Allianna
Gluten Free Zucchini Muffins
- muffin pan and liners or silicone muffin liners
- 1 cup creamy almond butter I love the Kirkland brand.
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup zucchini grated, use a paper towel to squeeze and get the water removed
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips I like enjoy life dairy free chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Place all ingredients in a blender except the chocolate chips and blend until smooth. Once blended, use a spatula and fold in the chocolate chips.
- Once the batter is mixed, either use a silicone muffin pan or a muffin pan and add muffin cups or spray it with oil tp prevent sticking. Divide up the batter between 12 muffin cups. Bake for 18 minutes or until you can stick a fork in the muffin and it comes out clear. Allow the muffins to sit before removing.If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.xoxo-Allianna
these are so simple and turn out amazing! They taste wonderful and you don’t even notice that they are flourless, my daughter is obsessed with them as well!
Karen Moody says
I made these Gluten Free Zucchini Muffins today and they are delicious! I didn’t have chocolate chips so I used raisins. Best muffins ever!
Allianna Moximchalk says
Yay! This makes me so happy to hear.
Absolutely love these muffins! 😋 They are so easy to make so moist and delicious. I never cooked with a silicon muffin pan but I’ll tell ya that put baking muffins to whole new level. I watched the video and immediately ran to the store to make these, so happy I did! Thank you so much for sharing you recipes.
Allianna Moximchalk says
Awe this makes me so happy to hear Denise! I am so glad you like them as much as I do!
Jamie K says
These were so easy and quick to make. Very moist. Its nice to have a grab and go breakfast or snack to run out the door with. Will definitely be making this a lot.
Allianna Moximchalk says
I am so glad you liked them Jamie!