These chocolate ganache tarts are insanely delicious and easy to make. The chocolate ganache is dairy free and yet so creamy. The gluten free tart crust literally melts in your mouth! The combination of the crust and the ganache make for a delightful treat.
I am not going to lie, when I first went dairy-free I thought there was no way that I could still eat ganache. There was something about it, it’s so creamy and I literally think I could drink it (I wish I was kidding.) I thought the only way to get this consistency was through butter and cream made from a cow! But what I found is there is always a way with Paleo cooking/ baking. The coconut cream gives the ganache the creamy taste and the dairy-free chocolate tastes just like any other kind of chocolate. Together it makes the perfect combination for this tart.
The tart crust is “buttery” and a little sweet. It kinda reminds me of shortbread. What I like about this recipe is that you can use ghee or coconut oil to get that “buttery” shortbread consistency. I personally prefer ghee over coconut oil, but if you aren’t into ghee coconut oil does the trick! The egg yolk vs the whole egg is the key here, using the whole egg makes the crust runny.
The tart pans are crucial here because if you use a regular mini pie dish, the crust would likely fall apart as you remove in. In a tart pan, the bottom pops out so you can easily remove the crust from the dish.
Join my online community for FREE and get a weekly newsletter from me.
Chocolate ganache tart
For the ganache:
- 1 ¾ cups almond flour
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- ¼ cup ghee or coconut oil
- 1 egg yolk
- Almond slivers
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Mix all of the tarte ingredients in a bowl.
- Spray 5 mini tart pans with oil of choice, you can even use olive oil on a paper towel. This will prevent the tarte from sticking.
- Evenly divide up the tart crust amongst the 5 pans.
- Push the crust evenly into the corners.
- With a fork, make an imprint into the crust. Do this about 6 times per tart, this will allow the tart to breathe and make it easier to remove from the pans.
- Place the tart dishes on a big baking sheet (the baking sheet will prevent any oil from the mini dishes from spilling over in the oven) and bake for 20 minutes or until the crust is lightly golden brown.
- Once the tarts are done, let them sit until they cool, then remove them from the pans by gently flipping the tart over and pushing up on the bottoms.
- Once you have removed the tarts, place the coconut cream on medium- high heat in a saucepan. Once the solid coconut chunks are melted, add the chocolate and continuously whisk with either a mini whisk or fork. Immediately turn the heat to medium- low. *You MUST turn down the heat or the chocolate will burn*
- Consciously whisk so the coconut cream color disappears.
- Once the ganache has formed, evenly divide up the ganache amongst the 5 tarts.
- Add your favorite fruity toppings on top! I like adding blueberries, strawberries and nuts.
- Store in the fridge in an air tight container for up to a week.
- Tag me on instagram @alliannaschneider with your meals. I would love to see.