This one pan paleo maple dijon chicken recipe is seriously to die for! The coconut cream combined with the maple syrup, dijon mustard and mushrooms is so delicious. The bacon on the top is the icing on the cake! This recipe only requires one pan and takes less than 15 minutes of hands-on time.
- Chicken breasts-I get all of my proteins from Butcher Box. Each month they send me a box of chicken, seafood and beef. I love it because it is the best quality of stuff and I never have to worry about running out! If you use my link HERE you can get a discount on your first order.
- Coconut cream-You can substitute this for almond milk if you eat nuts. I love Trader Joe’s canned coconut cream brand.
- Maple syrup-I love the nice sweet touch it adds to this recipe!
- Dijon mustard-For flavor.
- Button mushrooms-Washed and sliced. Mushrooms can be very dirty, so be sure to wash them and wipe off any excess dirt.
- Ghee-For searing. Lard, avocado oil, or bacon fat would work too!
- Yellow onion-For flavor. I prefer yellow onion over red here because it is sweet. You can use red but it has more of a savory taste!
How to make this one pot paleo meal:
- First, preheat the oven to 350.
- Next, add the ghee to an oven friendly pan on medium heat. Once the ghee is melted add the chicken breast to the pan for 3 minutes on each side for a total of 6 minutes. Then, remove the chicken breasts from the pan and set aside (They should not be fully cooked.)
- Now, add the onions to the pan and saute for 1 minute then add in the mushrooms and saute for 2 minutes.
- Next, add in the remaining ingredients. Add the chicken back to the pan and cook in the oven for 15 minutes or until the chicken breasts reach 165 degrees F internally.
What pairs well with maple dijon chicken?
How can I reheat this?
- I suggest reheating in the oven at 350 for 5-10 minutes.
Can I use my instant pot:
- Absolutely! I have this instant pot HERE and love it! For the instant pot version all instructions up until you saute the onions. Once the onions are sauteed, add all ingredients into the pot and add set to HIGH pressure with the valve closed for 6 minutes.
If you like my maple dijon chicken, you will LOVE my other paleo chicken recipes:
If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.
Maple Dijon Chicken
- Large pan
- Preheat the oven to 350. Place an oven safe pan on the stovetop on medium heat. Add the ghee in and once it is melted add in the chicken and pan sear for 3 minutes on each side for a total of 6 minutes. Then remove from the pan (note the chicken is not meant to be fully cooked at this point.) Now add the onions into the pan and sautee for 1 minute then add in the mushrooms and remaining ingredients. Add the chicken back in and place in the oven for 15 minutes or until the internal temp is 165 degrees F. If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.
For the instant pot version:
- Follow all instructions up until you saute the onions. Once the onions are sauteed, add all ingredients into the pot and add set to HIGH pressure with the valve closed for 6 minutes.