This slightly sweet and creamy Instant Pot Coconut Rice Dish is so easy to whip up. It has a great flavor that beats any average rice. In under 20 minutes, you can have a delicious side dish to go with just about any dinner. The Instant Pot is a great cooking method because the recipes are simply, dump-and-go, allowing you to prepare other parts of your dinner, while this rice is cooking!
What Makes This Recipe So Good?
- It’s seriously so easy. The instant pot cooks this up in under 20 minutes.
- Coconut rice is a different, unique side dish to jazz up your next dinner. It is typically known for being paired with other Tropical dishes but can be made with just about anything-Indian, Thai and Asian dishes too.
- Who doesn’t love rice? This dish is definitely kid friendly.
- This recipe is naturally gluten free, grain free, dairy free, flourless, vegan, plant based, paleo, soy free, and refined sugar free.
- This rice would go SO good with Paleo Chicken Teriyaki.
- If you would rather get this Coconut Rice and other paleo meals delivered to you, take a look at my weekly meal prep menu. We currently deliver to the Pittsburgh area, but we are working on shipping.
- Jasmine rice- This is the best kind of rice to use for this recipe. Jasmine rice has a sweet, nutty flavor which combines so well with the coconut milk. Jasmine rice has a light, fluffy texture that comes out perfectly in the Instant Pot. While Jasmine rice is preferred, you can also use brown rice for this recipe.
- Coconut milk- This gives the rice an amazingly sweet, slightly creamy flavor.
- Bone broth– Increases flavor, rather than using water. I love Kettle & Fire bone broth. It’s my go-to! You can use the code ALLIANNASKITCHEN for 20% off.
- Sea salt– Extra seasoning.
- Toasted coconut (optional)- to garnish.
How To Make
- Rinse rice in cool water until the water runs clear.
- Add the rice, coconut milk, broth, and salt to the Instant Pot and gently stir. Lock the lid and cook on High Pressure for 3 minutes.
- When 3 minutes is up, allow pressure to naturally release for 7 minutes. Finish with a quick pressure release.
- Carefully remove the lid. Fluff rice with a fork. Sprinkle with toasted coconut, if desired.
What Kind Of Instant Pot Do You Use?
- I love my Ninja Foodi. It has 11 different functions! It’s the best.
Can I Reheat Coconut Rice?
- Absolutely. Store in an airtight container for several days in the fridge. You can reheat in the instant pot for just a couple minutes. Add some additional coconut milk or a splash of water to ensure the rice doesn’t dry out.
What Can I Serve With This?
Can I Use A Different Kind Of Rice?
- I’ve only tried this dish with jasmine rice and loved it. You can use any kind of rice, however, please note, it may change the flavor profile a bit. Jasmine rice has a naturally sweet flavor that enhances this dish.
Can I Make This With Brown Rice?
- Yes! However, brown rice is not as sticky and tacky. It has a little bit of a different flavor profile vs white rice.
Do I Have To Use Coconut milk?
- The coconut milk is what gives this dish the coconut rice flavor, so it is a must!
- Seasoning with toasted coconut enhances that coconut flavor! Toasted coconut is also sweet, so if you are looking for a less sweet dish, skip the toasted coconut garnish.
If you like this recipe you will LOVE
- Shrimp Fried Cauliflower Rice
- Cauliflower Rice Paella
- Keto Beef and Broccoli
- Paleo Chicken Teriyaki
- Blanching Broccoli
If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.xoxo-Allianna
Join my online community for FREE and get a weekly newsletter from me.
Instant Pot Coconut Rice
- Instant Pot
- 1.5 cups jasmine rice
- 14 oz coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chicken bone broth or veggie broth if vegan
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- toasted coconut optional, for garnish
- Rinse rice in cool water.
- Add coconut rice, coconut milk, bone broth, and salt to the Instant Pot. Stir. Lock the lid and cook on High Pressure for 3 minutes.
- Allow pressure to release naturally for 7 minutes. Finish with a quick pressure release.
- Carefully remove the lid and fluff rice with a fork. Garnish with toasted coconut, if desired.