This slightly sweet and creamy Instant Pot Coconut Rice Dish is so easy to whip up. It has a great flavor that beats any average rice. In under 20 minutes, you can have a delicious side dish to go with just about any dinner. The Instant Pot is a great cooking method because the recipes are simply, dump-and-go, allowing you to prepare other parts of your dinner, while this rice is cooking!
These is something about soft, fluffy, and moist white rice! It adds flavor and dimension to just about any dish. Plus it can be served with just about anything!
Why This Recipe Works
- It’s seriously so easy. The instant pot cooks this up in under 20 minutes.
- The rice in this recipe comes out so fluffy, moist and soft.
- Coconut rice is a different, unique side dish to jazz up your next dinner. It is typically known for being paired with other Tropical dishes but can be made with just about anything-Indian, Thai and Asian dishes too.
- This dish is definitely kid friendly.
- This recipe is naturally gluten free, grain free, dairy free, vegan, soy free, and refined sugar free.
- This rice would go SO good with Paleo Chicken Teriyaki.
- If you would rather get this Coconut Rice and other paleo meals delivered to you, take a look at my weekly meal prep menu. We currently deliver to the Pittsburgh area, but we are working on shipping.
- Jasmine rice- This is the best kind of rice to use for this recipe. Jasmine rice has a sweet, nutty flavor which combines so well with the coconut milk. Jasmine rice has a light, fluffy texture that comes out perfectly in the Instant Pot.
- Coconut milk- This gives the rice an amazingly sweet, slightly creamy flavor.
- Bone broth– Increases flavor, rather than using water. I love Kettle & Fire bone broth. It’s my go-to! You can use the code ALLIANNASKITCHEN for 20% off.
- Sea salt– Extra seasoning.
- Toasted coconut (optional)- to garnish.
See recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
Substitutions and Variations
- Jasmine rice is preferred for this recipe, but you can also use brown rice.
- If you prefer to use home made bone broth, you could use that instead of store bought. My homemade bone broth recipe would be perfect in this dish.
This recipe has not been tested with other substitutions or variations. If you replace or add any ingredients, please let us know how it turns out in the comments below!
Step By Step Instructions
- I love my Ninja Foodi. It has 11 different functions! It’s the best, however any kind of instant pot will work.
- Tip #1: Seasoning with toasted coconut enhances that coconut flavor! Toasted coconut is also sweet, so if you are looking for a less sweet dish, skip the toasted coconut garnish.
- Tip #2: Do not skip out on the bone broth! This adds so much flavor to the rice. If you use water it will take away from the flavor.
- Tip # 3: You can add additional flavor to this rice dish by adding fresh herbs.
The coconut milk is what gives this dish the coconut rice flavor, so it is a must!
Yes! However, brown rice is not as sticky and tacky. It has a little bit of a different flavor profile vs white rice.
Storage And Reheating Instructions
- You can store the rice in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- When reheating be sure to add a little bit of liquid to prevent the rice from drying out. I like to reheat this recipe with extra coconut milk.
- The best way to reheat rice is in the air fryer or on the stove top! For the stovetop I reheat on medium heat for 3-5 minutes while continuously stirring or in the air fryer on 350 degrees F for 5 minutes. You can also reheat in the microwave.
Other Instant Pot Recipes
Be sure to download my FREE anti-inflammatory food swap guide
Instant Pot Coconut Rice
- Instant Pot
- 1.5 cups jasmine rice
- 14 oz coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chicken bone broth or veggie broth if vegan
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- toasted coconut optional, for garnish
- Rinse rice in cool water.
- Add coconut rice, coconut milk, bone broth, and salt to the Instant Pot. Stir. Lock the lid and cook on High Pressure for 3 minutes.
- Allow pressure to release naturally for 7 minutes. Finish with a quick pressure release.
- Carefully remove the lid and fluff rice with a fork. Garnish with toasted coconut, if desired.