This Keto Beef And Broccoli is super simple to make, full of flavor and something the whole family can eat. This low carb dinner recipe is clean and naturally paleo and Whole30 friendly too! The fresh garlic and ginger makes this recipe oh so delicious. This 20 minute meal is great as is or served over cauliflower rice!
Keto Beef And Broccoli Ingredients:
- Flank steak-I like getting mine from Butcher Box! Butcher Box sends me a monthly supply of all of my favorite proteins. I can always rely on the best quality meats when I order from them. To chop up the meat I like to place it in the food processor quickly, just for 10-15 seconds to help break apart the meat. If you order from my link HERE you can save on your first order.
- Coconut aminos-This is a great alternative for soy sauce for those of you that are gluten and soy free. If you tolerate soy you can use coconut aminos with a 1:1 substitute.
- Fresh ginger-By far one of my favorite ingredients to cook with. It can really take a dish to a whole new level. It is important to remember here that fresh ginger is different from dried ginger. That said, if you use dried ginger, be sure to cut the amount in half.
- Sesame oil-To give this dish an Asian like flavor. If you are doing AIP (The Autoimmune Protocol) you can swap it with avocado oil.
- Apple cider vinegar-To give this dish a tangy touch.
- Arrowroot powder-Typically arrowroot is not low carb/ keto however a tiny bit will not hurt. This is what thickens us the marinate.
- Broccoli florets-You can buy them in the bags or break them apart yourself.
How To Make:
- First, place the flank steak in the food processor for 15 seconds. This will break up the meat a bit without having to cut it yourself.
- Now, place all ingredients in a bowl aside from the sesame oil and broccoli and allow to marinate for at least 10 minutes. The longer you allow it to marinate the better.
- Then, add the sesame oil to the pan and add in the beef. Saute until it is no longer pink.
- In the meantime, cook the broccoli by boiling a large pot of water and adding in the florets once it is boiling. Keep the broccoli in for 2 minutes then drain it. Add the broccoli in with the steak. Serve with optional red pepper flakes or green onions.
What Kind Of Pan Should I Use?
- I am OBSESSED with this non-toxic easy clean pan. I have it in multiple colors. You can find it HERE.
How Can I Reheat This?
- Absolutely! I suggest reheating it on the stovetop for 5-10 minutes with ½ tsp of sesame oil.
What Should I Serve With This Low Carb Keto Beef And Broccoli?
- I love serving this dish as is, but you can also serve it with cauliflower rice or over mixed greens.
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE my other keto meals:
Keto Beef & Broccoli
- Sautee pan
- Food processor to break apart meat if needed
- 1 pound flank steak I like getting mine from Butcher Box. Use my link and save on your first order!
- 2 heads broccoli florets
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup sesame oil swap avocado oil for AIP
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tsp fresh ginger I love a lot of ginger. If you are like me add up to one tablespoon.
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp arrowroot powder to thicken the sauce (optional)
To serve: OPTIONAL
- red pepper flakes
- green onions
- Place your flank steak in the food processor for 15 seconds to break apart the meat. Then, place the steak along with all ingredients EXCEPT the broccoli in a bowl and allow the steak to marinate for 10 minutes (optional but this will help better flavor the meat.) Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the broccoli. While the water is heating up, add the sesame oil to the pan and sautee the beef until it is no longer pink (about 7 minutes.) Once the water is boiling add in the broccoli for 2 minutes and then drain water. Add the broccoli to the pan with the steak and cover with a lid for 2 minutes to allow the flavors to seep in. Garnish with optional red pepper flakes or green onions. If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.