This Low Carb Keto Frittata is super easy to make and so delicious! In my house we love preparing this at the start of the week and eating it for breakfast all week long. The peppers and onions combined with the fresh dill is so yummy and the breakfast sausage on top is the icing on the cake. This recipe only takes 10 minutes to prepare which means it is a great option for those mornings where you do not have much time to make breakfast.
This recipe is a healthy and protein packed way to start your day so that you have the fuel to knock out your to do list.
- Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Substitutions And Variations
- Equipment Needed
- Expert Tips
- Recipe FAQs
- Storage And Reheating Instructions
- Keto Breakfast Items To Pair With
- Other Keto Egg Breakfast Recipes You Will Love
- Are you interested in getting a list of my go to healthy alternatives?
- Keto Frittata
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- First off, this recipe is so delicious and full of flavor! The savory breakfast sausage combined with the fresh peppers and onions is so good.
- This frittata is full of flavor while also super light.
- I love making this for a well balanced breakfast. You have your vegetables and protein all in one!
- My recipe is naturally low carb, keto, Whole30, paleo, gluten free, grain free and dairy free.
- This recipe only takes a few minutes to prepare which makes it both a great weekday and weekend breakfast. I batch make it during the week so I can eat it all week long.
- If you are into spinach and mushrooms with your eggs, you will want to check out my Spinach Mushroom Frittata!
- You can make this frittata vegetarian by omitting the sausage.
- Eggs-I prefer pasture raised eggs. This means the eggs are raised on a farm and they are able to freely roam rather than be all cooped up in a chicken coup. How the chickens are raised directly impacts the quality of the eggs they produce. Pasture raised eggs are more nutrient dense.
- Peppers & onions-For flavor. If you are feeling really over zealous here, you can even saute the onions and peppers prior to cooking them in the frittata.
- Breakfast sausage–I love the breakfast sausage from Butcher Box. They have the best quality stuff and it tastes the best too! If you order from my Butcher Box link, you will get free beef with every order!
- Dill-For flavor.
- Cooking oil spray-This will prevent the frittata from sticking to the pan. I like using the avocado oil spray from Costco.
See the full recipe card below with a full list of ingredients and measurements.
Substitutions And Variations
- Peppers & onions-Any kind of vegetable will work! I have just found that this is my favorite egg frittata combination.
- Breakfast sausage-You can also use bacon or turkey bacon. If you are making regular bacon check out how to make Bacon In The Instant Pot. If you are making turkey bacon, check out my go to cooking method for how to Bake Turkey Bacon In The Oven.
- Feta-If you eat cheese, this recipe tastes great with added feta!
- Vegetarian option-If you are vegetarian, you can omit the meat!
This recipe has not been tested with any other substitutions or variations. If you replace or add any ingredients, please let us know by leaving a comment below!
- Cast iron skillet.
- Glass mixing bowl.
- Tip #1: Be sure to whisk the eggs well throughout so the yolks are broken apart.
- Tip #2: If you have the time and want extra flavor, saute the onions and peppers prior to placing them in the frittata.
- Tip #3: like to broil my frittatas a little at the end to get them nice and crispy on top. This is not a must but could be a fun touch to add.
Yes! Absolutely. If you are vegetarian, you can omit the sausage.
A quiche has a crust to it, a frittata does not have a crust!
Nope! You can also use a casserole dish. Just note that a different size pan can impact the cooking times.
Storage And Reheating Instructions
- This dish lasts in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Be sure to store this recipe in an air tight container.
- This recipe best reheats in the oven or air fryer at 350 degrees F for 5-10 minutes.
- You can also microwave this recipe, however it tastes better when you reheat in the oven or air fryer.
Keto Breakfast Items To Pair With
Other Keto Egg Breakfast Recipes You Will Love
Are you interested in getting a list of my go to healthy alternatives?
Download your FREE guide below
- 9 by 9 casserole dish
- 12 eggs
- 2 peppers diced
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tbsp dill
- 1 pound sausage links chopped (optional) I like getting mine from Butcher Box. Omit for vegetarian.
- cooking oil spray
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray the casserole dish with the cooking spray oil. Whisk together all of the eggs. Then add in the vegetables.
- Now, pour the mixture into a baking dish and bake for 40 minutes or until you can poke in the middle with a fork and there is no liquid.
So good and super versatile. I throw whatever veggies I have and it turns out so good every time!
Allianna Moximchalk says
It is so versatile! Thanks for your review