This Keto Frittata is super easy to make and so delicious! In my house we love preparing this at the start of the week and eating it for breakfast all week long. The peppers and onions combined with the fresh dill is so yummy and the breakfast sausage on top is the icing on the cake. This recipe only takes 10 minutes to prepare which means it is a great option for those mornings where you do not have much time to make breakfast.
Why Should I Make This Recipe?
- First off, this recipe is so delicious and full of flavor! The savory breakfast sausage combined with the fresh peppers and onions are so good.
- This frittata is full of flavor while also super light.
- My recipe is naturally low carb, keto, Whole30, paleo, gluten free, grain free and dairy free.
- This recipe only takes a few minutes to prepare which makes it both a great weekday and weekend breakfast.
- This recipe reminds me so much of my other favorite frittata, my Mushroom Spinach Frittata. It is so delicious!
- You can make this frittata vegetarian by omitting the sausage.
- You can substitute the sausage for bacon, or you can add bacon with the sausage.
- Eggs-I prefer pasture raised eggs. This means the eggs are raised on a farm and they are able to freely roam rather than be all cooped up in a chicken coup. How the chickens are raised directly impacts the quality of the eggs they produce. Pasture raised eggs are more nutrient dense.
- Peppers & onions-For flavor. If you are feeling really over zealous here, you can even saute the onions and peppers prior to cooking them in the frittata.
- Breakfast sausage–I love the breakfast sausage from Butcher Box. They have the best quality stuff and it tastes the best too! If you order from my Butcher Box link, you will get free beef with every order!
- Dill-For flavor.
- Cooking oil spray-This will prevent the frittata from sticking to the pan. I like using the avocado oil spray from Costco.
How To Make:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Next, crack all of the eggs in a bowl and whisk together.
- Then, add in your vegetables.
- Now, spray your 9 by 9 inch baking pan and then pour in the mixture and bake for 40 minutes or until you can poke it with a fork and there isn’t any raw egg.
Can I Make This In Advance?
- You can prepare this frittata in advance so all you have to do is heat it up when you are ready to eat it.
How Can I Reheat This?
- I suggest reheating in the oven at 350 degrees F for 5-10 minutes or in the microwave for 30 seconds.
Can I Use Ground Breakfast Sausage?
- Yes! Absolutely, just be sure to cook it beforehand.
How Can I Make This Vegetarian?
- Just omit the sausage.
What Else Can I Add To My Frittata?
- Anything! Sweet potatoes, olives, jalapeños.
What Is The Difference Between A Frittata and a Quiche?
- A quiche usually has a crust to it whereas a frittata does not have a crust.
What Kind Of Pan Should I Use?
- I use a 9 by 9 inch casserole dish pan.
- I like to broil my frittatas a little at the end to get them nice and crispy on top. This is not a must but could be a fun touch to add.
What Goes Well With This Breakfast?
- Dairy Free Hollandaise Sauce
- Blueberry Maple Turkey Breakfast Sausage
- Bacon Apple Butternut Squash Breakfast Hash
- Protein Overnight Oats
- Sausages In The Air Fryer
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE my other egg breakfasts:
Join my online community for FREE and get a weekly newsletter from me.
- 9 by 9 casserole dish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Spray the casserole dish with the cooking spray oil. Whisk together all of the eggs. Then add in the vegetables.
- Now, pour the mixture into a baking dish and bake for 40 minutes or until you can poke in the middle with a fork and there is no liquid. If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.xoxo-Allianna