These prosciutto egg cups make for a perfect breakfast and snack! They only take 10 minutes to prep and are great for mornings where you are on the go. The roasted red pepper combined with the fresh garlic and spinach is oh so delicious!
What makes these prosciutto egg cups so good?
- First, the taste! The sweet roasted red pepper really takes these egg muffins to a whole new level.
- Second, they are so convenient! I love to make them for meal prep and at the start of my week. They only take minutes to prep and I can have them all week long.
Key ingredients for prosciutto egg cups?
- Eggs-I prefer cage free, free range. You can actually see a difference in the yolk when you buy free range!
- Prosciutto-I like to get it freshly cut from the Butcher. Good quality prosciutto can be expensive, but it is worth it. Anytime I have sacrificed the quality for the price, I end up getting bloated. Cured meats like this tend to have a lot of salt and preservatives but that can be avoided if you use good quality stuff 🙂
- Roasted red peppers-You can buy yours in a jar or you can roast your own in the oven with a little bit of avocado oil, salt and pepper. I like to roast them at 500 for 30 minutes or so.
- Spinach-It is ok if you have spinach that you found in the fridge that is a little wilted! We are sauteeing it so it will not really matter. Chop the spinach real fine.
- Garlic-To give these egg bites even more flavor!
- Ghee-To saute the garlic and spinach in
What kind of muffin pan should I use?
- I do not like using traditional muffin pans for these as they tend to stick. I LOVE using my silicone muffin liners. They are super easy to clean and the muffins just pop right out. You can buy them HERE.
How do I make these egg cups?
- First, preheat the oven to 350.
- Now, spray your muffin liners with avocado oil.
- Sautee your minced garlic and chopped spinach in the ghee until wilted. Mix the red peppers with the spinach and garlic mixture.
- Next, line your muffin cup with a full piece of prosciutto.
- Then, add in 1 tbsp of the spinach mixture.
- Now, crack an egg on top.
- If your prosciutto slice is big you may want to trim it or you can leave it hanging over.
- Finally, bake for 30 minutes or until the egg is cooked to your liking!
How can I reheat?
- You can reheat in the microwave but I always think that food tastes so much better in the oven. I like to reheat in the oven at 350 for 5-10 minutes.
- Make sure you spray the muffin liners with the avocado oil to ensure that the egg muffins do not stick!
- Allow the muffins to cool before removing from the muffin liners.
- To clean the silicone muffin pan, soak in water and then rinse the reminisce with a paper towel.
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE:
If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.
Prosciutto Egg Cups
- Silicone muffin pan
To garnish and serve:
- fresh chives
- Preheat the oven to 375. Add the ghee to a saucepan and saute the onions for 2 minutes, then add in the roasted red pepper, minced garlic and chopped spinach. Saute the spinach until wilted. Add 1 piece of prosciutto to each muffin cup like the picture above. Then, divide up the spinach mixture amongst the 12 cups. Crack one egg over top and bake for 35 minutes. Serve with fresh chives.If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.