These pizza egg muffins make for a fun, easy and delicious breakfast alternative. The pizza sauce combined with the Italian sausage and turkey pepperoni is full of flavor! This recipe only takes 15 minutes to prep and is something the whole family can enjoy.
Pizza egg muffin ingredients:
- Ground pork: I love to get all of my meat and seafood shipped to me every month from Butcher Box. They always have the highest quality proteins and it is shipped right to my door. I keep a dry erase board next to my deep freezer with everything I have in it. Then, the night before I want to make something I pull what I need out and defrost it in the fridge overnight. If you use my link HERE you can get free bacon for life.
- Rao’s sauce-The BEST sauce. I use their spaghetti sauce. It is so good. I bulk buy it from Costco.
- Pepperoni-I love Applegate’s turkey pepperoni. It is so yummy! The package never lasts in my house. It can be found in the pre-packaged deli meat section of the grocery store.
- Yellow onion-To add even more flavor and give a little crunch.
- Garlic-Pizza isn’t pizza without garlic!
- Oregano, parsley, and salt-To add more flavor.
- Eggs-I prefer cage free.
- Ghee-to saute the onions in.
How to make pizza egg muffins:
- First, preheat the oven to 350.
- Then, add a pan to the stovetop and add the ghee. Add the chopped onions and minced garlic.
- Once the onions are fragrant, add the pork, oregano, parsley and salt to the pan. Break up the pork and cook on medium heat until the pork is cooked throughout.
- Once the pork is cooked, whisk together the eggs, sauce and pork onion mixture to a bowl.
- Scoop out a large cookie scoop full of the batter into silicone muffin liners.
- Next, top off with a piece of the Applegate pepperoni.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
What kind of pan do you use?
- I love using my silicone muffin pans that can be found HERE. They are super easy to clean. I just rinse them, then put them in the dishwasher.
How long do these last?
- I suggest eating them within 5 days.
How should I reheat?
- You can reheat them in the microwave but I prefer them in the oven at 350 for 5-10 minutes.
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE my other breakfast recipes:
- AIP breakfast muffins
- Blueberry maple turkey breakfast sausage
- Bacon apple butternut squash
- Sweet potato bacon brussel sprout hash
- Mini gluten free zucchini cakes
- Grain free granola
If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.
Pizza Egg Muffins
- Silicone muffin pans
- 1 pound ground pork use my link for Butcher Box and get FREE bacon for life.
- 1/2 cup Rao's sauce I get mine from Costco
- 18 pieces mini pepperoni I like applegate's mini turkey pepperoni
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1 yellow onion chopped small
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 15 eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 350. Add the ghee to a pan on medium heat. Allow the ghee to melt and for the pan to get hot. Add the onions and mixed garlic to the pan and saute until fragrant. Then add the ground pork, salt, oregano and parsley. Cook until the pork is no longer pink. In a bowl whisk together the eggs and pizza sauce. Once the pork is done, add the pork mixture to the eggs. Spray your silicone muffin liners with avocado oil and using a large spoon, spoon the pork and egg mixture into the muffin pans. Cook for 35 minutes.
- If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.