These Gourmet Chocolate Covered Pecans are so delicious and so simple to make. This recipe only requires 2 simple ingredients and can be made with milk chocolate or even dark chocolate. We love having this gourmet snack around for dinner parties and fun snacks!
What Makes These Chocolate Covered Pecans So Good?
- First off, they are so simple to make! They literally only require 10 minutes of hands-on time (if that!)
- Secondly, they are crunchy, sweet and salty. The sprinkle of sea salt on top adds a nice sweet and salty combo which I am a big fan of.
What Do I Need To Make Homemade Chocolate Covered Pecans?
- Pecans-I like the whole nut, the crusted pecans are very hard to dip in chocolate so I suggest getting the whole ones!
- Chocolate-You have a few different options here. Milk chocolate is great, but so is dark chocolate too! If you like to eat dairy free like me, I love using the enjoy life dairy free chocolate chips. They taste just like regular chocolate, no one ever knows they are dairy free.
- Sea salt-This is totally optional but in my opinion the best part! I love adding a little sprinkle of sea salt on top once I dip the chocolates. I love the sweet and salty combo.
How To Make:
- First, place your chocolate in a microwave friendly bowl and line a baking sheet with wax paper. Then place them in the microwave for 30 seconds. Then take the chocolate out of the microwave and whisk for 30 seconds. Do this process for a total of 3 times so the chocolate is in the microwave for 90 seconds but is whisked every 30 seconds. This process will prevent the chocolate from burning.
- Once the chocolate is melted, add the pecans to the bowl and mix with a spoon.
- Spoon out one pecan at a time onto the wax paper. Sprinkle on top with optional sea salt.
- Once all of the pecans are out, add the baking sheet to the freezer to allow the chocolate to set. You need about an hour tops for it to set and harden.
How Can I Prevent My Chocolate From Burning?
- The key is whisking and mixing it in between sessions in the microwave. If you microwave it all the way through without whisking it, it will burn.
How Long Do These Homemade Chocolate Nuts Last?
- These homemade dipped chocolate covered pecans last for up to 2 weeks in the fridge in an airtight glass container.
If you like this gourmet chocolate recipe, you will LOVE:
- Vegan Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Chocolate Covered Oranges
- Healthy Chocolate Covered Truffles
- Healthy Twix Bars
If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.xoxo-Allianna
Chocolate Covered Pecans (Dairy Free Option)
- microwave friendly bowl
- Mini whisk or fork
- baking sheet
- 1 cup pecans
- 2 cups milk chocolate if you are dairy free I love the Enjoy Life brand of chocolate
- sea salt optional
- Add a piece of wax paper to a baking sheet. Place the chocolate chips in a small bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds. Then take the chocolate out of the microwave and whisk for 30 seconds. Do this process for a total of 3 times so the chocolate is in the microwave for 1 1/2 minutes but is whisked every 30 seconds. Now, place the nuts in the bowl of chocolate and mix with a spoon. Using a spoon, spoon out the nuts and place on a baking sheet. Sprinkle optional sea salt on top. Add the nuts to the freezer to set for at least 1 hour. If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.xoxo-Allianna