DOUG’S SECOND BIRTHDAY
Yesterday we celebrated Doug’s second birthday. We originally planned on throwing a combined housewarming and birthday party, but that was cancelled due to the quarantine. Instead, we had our own little celebration at home. We celebrated with this grain free cake that is both human and dog friendly! We bought these “pawty” balloons – they come in 8 different colors! The best part was the smile on his face as he ate the cake. He would have eaten the whole thing if we let him!
Join my online community for FREE and get a weekly newsletter from me.
Grain Free Dog Cake
- 2 1/2 cups chickpea or oat flour (you can make your own flour by putting oats in a food processor)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Some sort of oil spray I like Trader Joe’s olive oil spray you can also use oil and oil a pan with a paper towel
- 1 cup Unsweetened almond yogurt you can also use greek yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Oil rub the spring loaded pan with spray oil or any kind of oil you have.
- Mix all ingredients in a mixer or with a hand mixer until smooth.
- Pour the batter in the spring loaded pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Note, the top may come out a bit uneven: this is expected due to the consistency of oat flour. if you desire it to be flat, take a long bread knife to even it out.
- Once the cake cools, and is removed from the pan.
- Now ice the cake, enjoy!