These paleo bacon wrapped dates are super simple to make and a crowd pleaser for all! The creamy almond cream combined with the savory bacon and sweet dates are to die for. This recipe only requires 15 minutes of hands-on time and is great for those nights where you want a sweet yet savory snack or want to impress your guests!
Paleo bacon wrapped dates ingredients:
- Dates-Pitted and cut in half.
- Almond cream-I like the Kite Hill brand of almond cream cheese, it is so creamy and so delicious! Any kind of dairy free cream cheese will work.
- Bacon-I love getting my bacon from Butcher Box. Every month they send me a box of my favorite proteins. If you use my link HERE you can get a discount at checkout.
- Toothpicks-To hold the bacon together.
How to make:
- First, cut each piece of bacon into 3 smaller pieces.
- Then, stuff the date with a tsp of almond cream and wrap with bacon. Place a toothpick around it.
- Now, place the dates in the air fryer at 375 for 10 minutes, then flip and cook for an additional 10 minutes. If all of the dates do not fit, place the metal rack inside and add a second layer of the dates they are not touching.
What kind of air fryer do you use?
I love this one HERE! It has multiple functions and is huge.
Can I bake in the oven if I do not have an air fryer?
- Absolutely! I love my air fryer because it gets the dates crispy on the bottom and top but you can use them in the oven, just be sure you rotate them!
If you like this appetizer you will love my other go to’s!
If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.
Bacon Wrapped Dates
- air fryer or baking sheet
- 10 dates pitted and cut in half
- 7 slices bacon cut into 3's for 21 pieces
- 1/2 cup almond cream I like the Kite Hill brand of almond cream cheese. OMIT FOR AIP
- Cut the dates in half. Stuff with almond cream and wrap a piece of bacon. Place a toothpick in to hold the bacon. Place in the air fryer on the bottom then add in the middle shelf and place the remaining pieces. Cook for 10 minutes on 350 degrees F, then flip and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until the bacon is crispy. If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.