This whole30 chocolate banana bread is perfect for breakfast or a nice after school treat. This banana bread can be made two ways. It is naturally sweet with the ripened bananas or you can add coconut sugar and chocolate chips. Both ways are quite delightful. With this banana bread only taking 10 minutes to prep, this after school treat is a no brainer.
Whole30 Chocolate Banana Bread Ingredients:
- Bananas- Make sure they are ripe (brown)!
- Almond flour- This is my go to paleo baking flour. This cannot be swapped out with another flour as not all flours are created equal.
- Arrowroot- This can be used interchangeably with tapioca flour. Think of tapioca flour and arrowroot and cornstarch in the paleo world. They are both thickening agents.
- Unsweetened cocoa powder- This is what gives the banana bread the chocolate flavor without the added chocolate chips.
- The vanilla and cinnamon adds flavor.
- The eggs and coconut oil keep this bread moist.
- The baking powder and baking soda are a must! Both ingredients help the bread rise.
- The coconut sugar and added chocolate chips are optional, obviously they will add extra sweetness to the bread but they are not completely necessary. It just depends on if you are trying to avoid added sugars.
For The Bananas
- I highly recommend placing the bananas in a food processor to make these bananas nice and smooth. This will help them mix in with the batter.
How To Mix The Whole30 Chocolate Banana Bread:
- It is important to not over-mix the banana bread, or it will not rise correctly. You want to mix it enough so that you cannot see the individual ingredients.
How to Get This Bread To Not Stick
- I am a huge fan of Trader Joe’s olive oil spray. I use it all of the time when I am baking and cooking. In this recipe you must either line the pan with wax paper or use a non-stick spray like olive oil. Or you can use a silicone pan.
How To Garnish:
- If you desire to put the pretty banana on top, cut the banana in half horizontally and lay both pieces on top of the batter.
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE:
- Chocolate ganache tarts
- Protein loaded banana blueberry zucchini muffins
- Protein loaded pancakes
- Pumpkin spice muffins
- Gluten Free Chocolate Donuts With Pumpkin Maple Frosting
- Paleo Chocolate Chip Muffins
Paleo Chocolate Banana Bread (No added sugar option)
- bread loaf pan
- 4 whole bananas Be sure they are ripe!
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot flour tapioca flour will work too
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 whole eggs
- 1/4 cup Coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips. I like Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips because they are dairy free. Omit for whole30
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar Omit for whole30
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Optional: to garnish
- 1 whole banana
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Place the bananas in a food processor and blend until they turn into a mush.
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and whisk lightly. You just want to whisk light enough to mix everything up butt do not over whisk or it will impact how it rises.
- Spray the pan with olive oil or cooking spray.
- Then, gently pour the batter in a bread tin.
- OPTIONAL: add sliced banana garnish on top.
- Bake in the oven for 55 minutes or until you can put a toothpick in without batter coming out.
- ENJOY! If you make this recipe I would love it if you shared the link to this recipe with a friend, left a comment below or tagged me on instagram with a picture @alliannaskitchen