This sweet yet savory roasted AIP turkey breast is exactly what you need for all of your holiday cooking and hosting needs. The pure maple syrup combined with the garlic appeals to all. With this dish only taking 15 minutes to prep it is a no brainer this holiday season.
What Do I Need To Make This AIP Turkey Breast?
- 3 pound boneless turkey- Make sure there are no extra added ingredients already added to your turkey breast. A lot of turkeys are now sold with added ingredients like sugar and maltodextrin. You do not want that, especially if you are doing AIP!
- Onion-This is what will give your turkey breast flavor. Do not skip!
- Rosemary- My herb of choice with this dish, however, feel free to add parsley too! Parsley goes well with this recipe.
- The pure maple syrup-This is what gives the turkey breast that sweet yet savory flavor. Make sure the maple syrup you are buying is pure! I like the Kirkland brand. I hate to break it to you, but Aunt Jamima’s pancake syrup isn’t actually maple syrup. It is loaded with countless ingredients that are certainly not paleo or AIP friendly. Read your labels!
- Garlic- This will help bring out the savory flavor.
How To Make This AIP Turkey Breast:
- First off, you will need a roasting pan. I like this one.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Cut the onion in half, mince the garlic, and wash the rosemary.
- Next, remove the turkey breast from the covering. Keep the netting on! This will help the turkey keep its shape while cooking, this is important for it to cook evenly.
- Using a knife, poke 12 holes in the turkey breast. Add 1 piece of garlic in each small hole. This will give the turkey flavor!
- Now, for the onion. It should already be cut in half. You will add it inside the breast. The netting will help hold the onion in.
- Next, add the rosemary sprigs on top of the breast. This will add flavor to the breast.
- Now for the best part, with a cooking brush brush on the maple syrup. This will give this savory turkey breast a nice sweet touch. Make sure to get the maple syrup into the divots of the breast.
- Flip the turkey breast so that the herbs are on the bottom of the roasting pan. Make sure you get the maple syrup on both sides of the breast.
- Now add the water to the bottom of the roasting pan. This will prevent the turkey breast from drying out.
- The breast itself needs to cook for 90 minutes, but in order to keep this aip turkey breast nice and moist I like to bast it every 30 minutes.
- Be sure that the turkey breast is loaded with the herb stuffed side facing down.
How To Serve:
- Remove the netting.
- Then, either using a long knife or a carving set, carve the turkey!
- This turkey should slice into about 6-8 slices.
- OPTIONAL: you can remove the onion from the turkey or eat it.
- I like to serve and garnish the turkey breast with fresh rosemary and pomegranate.
What To Serve With this AIP Turkey Breast:
- Cold Brussels Sprout Salad
- Bacon Apple Butternut Squash
- Warm Bacon Brussels Sprouts Pomegranate Side Dish
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE:
Maple Garlic Roasted Boneless Turkey Breast
- roasting pan
- turkey baster
- cutting board
- 3 pound boneless turkey breast thawed, I like to take mine out overnight. Make sure there is no added ingredients like sugar.
- 1/2 cup maple syrup you want to make sure it is the pure stuff!
- 2 cups water
- 12 cloves garlic
- 1 whole onion
- 3 sprigs rosemary
OPTIONAL: to garnish
- rosemary springs
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Take the turkey out of the plastic, chances are it came with gravy of some sort. I always pitch it. Now, place the breast in the roasting pan. Leave the netting on the breast, this will allow the turkey to stay together.
- Using your knife, cut the onion in half and poke 12 small holes in the breast. In those small holes you want to add the garlic. For the onion, you want to find divot in the turkey and add that in. The netting will hold it in.
- Add the rosemary springs all around the breast. Now, add the 2 cups of water to the bottom of the roasting pan. This will help prevent the turkey from drying out.
- Flip the turkey breast so that the herbs are on the bottom of the roasting pan. Using a spoon or an oiling brush, rub the maple syrup all over the turkey breast, make sure you get it in the cracks too.
- Add the turkey to the oven and set a timer for 90 minutes. Baste the turkey every 30 minutes to keep it nice and moist.
- Once the turkey is done cooking, remove the netting and slice. You can opt to remove the onion and rosemary too or serve it with fresh. I like to garnish the turkey with pomegranate and extra rosemary.
- ENJOY! If you make this recipe I would love it if you shared the link to this recipe with a friend, left a comment below or tagged me on instagram with a picture @alliannaskitchen