These Chocolate Chip Zucchini Oatmeal Bars are sweet, filling, easy to make, and kid friendly! This is a simple and delicious way to get some vegetables in for breakfast. This recipe only requires 5 minutes of hands-on time, so you can have it ready for the whole family in no time!
What Makes This Recipe So Good?
- It only requires 5 minutes of prep-time!
- Zucchini oatmeal is sweet and filling. It’s perfect for a quick breakfast or afternoon snack!
- They are easy to heat up and can be served with any fruit, of your choice.
- This recipe is naturally gluten free, dairy free, nut free, and refined sugar free.
- This recipe is inspired by the other homemade oatmeal bars on my website
- We also have oatmeal bars listed on my weekly meal prep menu. Right now, we deliver all over Pittsburgh, but will soon be shipping nationwide!
- Sprouted gluten free oats–sprouted oats undergo a germination process that activates fiber. This makes them easier to digest, for people like me. I got a large bag from Costco!
- Banana –make sure it is ripe! The riper it is, the sweeter the oatmeal bars will be.
- Zucchini –Grated. I like using this cheese grater.
- Chocolate chips –I like the enjoy life brand. You can use regular chocolate chips if you are not dairy free.
- Maple syrup–As the sweetener. Make sure it is pure maple syrup! You can also swap for honey.
- Coconut milk–You can also use almond milk!
- Cinnamon–To give a nice kick!
- Baking powder–To help the oats rise.
- Egg–Binds everything together.
How To Make:
- First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl mix thoroughly, making sure everything is mixed throughout.
- Next, spray a 15×9 dish with avocado oil, or cooking oil of your choice.
- Spread mixture evenly in the baking dish.
- Place in the oven and bake for 32-35 minutes.
- Allow the oatmeal to cool prior to cutting.
- How Should I Serve This?
- I love eating these oatmeal bars nice and warm, with fresh berries or banana slices on top! To reheat, you can place it in the microwave for 20 seconds or in the oven at 350 degrees F for 5-10 minutes.
- Are Oats Paleo?
- Technically, no. Grains are avoided on the paleo protocol, however, some people find that once their gut heals, they can tolerate them! I can tolerate them and enjoy eating them as a treat. It took me years to get to this point, though. I was strictly grain-free for 4 years prior.
What Kind of Pan Do You Use?
- I love this pan!
- Make sure you pat the grated zucchini with a paper towel in order to get all the liquid out.
- If you double the recipe, watch the bars closely while cooking to be sure that they are cooking evenly.
- Allow the bake to fully cool before moving and cutting into them.
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE:
- Strawberry Oatmeal Bars
- Cranberry Oatmeal Bars
- Blueberry Oatmeal Bars
- Apple Oatmeal Bake
- Gluten Free Zucchini Bread
If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.xoxo-Allianna
Join my online community for FREE and get a weekly newsletter from me.
- Large baking dish
- 2 1/4 cup oats Make sure they are gluten free! I like sprouted oats.
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 whole banana Sliced. Make sure it is ripe.
- 3/4 cup coconut milk Or almond milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup zucchini grated.
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips dairy free
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix together.
- Spray a 9x15 with avocado oil and spread out the oat mixture.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Let sit for 10 minutes prior to cutting and serving.