This Vegan Christmas Crack is seriously to die for! The gluten free crackers combined with the dairy free chocolate has the perfect amount of sweetness and saltiness. This recipe takes less than 15 minutes to make and is perfect for the holidays!
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- This recipe is super simple to make and stress free during the holidays!
- Kids love this recipe.
- This recipe makes a great hostess gift for any holiday gathering you are going to.
- This recipe is naturally dairy free, gluten free, and soy free.
- If you are following the autoimmune protocol (AIP), there are options to adjust the recipe to make it compliant.
- This is a fun recipe to make with the kids!
- Simple mills crackers-I am obsessed with their grain free crackers! They are delicious and naturally gluten free. I like to get them at Costco. If you are doing the autoimmune protocol (AIP) you can make your own grain free and nut free crackers with this recipe HERE.
- Dairy free chocolate chips-I like the enjoy life chocolate chips. If you are not eating chocolate on the autoimmune protocol, you can substitute them with carob chips.
- Coconut oil-To help coat and cook the dairy free Christmas crack!
- Coconut sugar and maple syrup-To taste and add some sweetness!
- Sea salt-To taste
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
Substitutions And Variations
You can switch the recipe up by adding different toppings to the chocolate to change the flavor or appearance.
There are different flavors of the simple mills crackers which would also allow you to switch up the flavor.
This recipe has not been tested with any other substitutions or variations. If you try something else out please let me know how it turns out in the comments below!
Step By Step Instructions
- Tip # 1: Depending on the size of chocolate chips vs. chocolate chunks you use, the additional time in the oven to melt the chocolate may vary.
- Tip # 2: When pouring the coconut oil and sugar mixture over the crackers make sure to pour the mixture evenly over the crackers.
- Tip # 3: For easy clean up you can place parchment or wax paper on the bottom of the casserole dish so that it lifts out with no mess left behind.
I love serving it with my AIP Hot Chocolate! It is super simple to make and full of flavor.
Yes! I recommend if you are going to freeze this recipe to separate each layer with wax paper so that it does not stick.
This dish is so versatile! You could serve it on a platter, use it as a gift for the holidays, or make small treat bags for friends and family.
- This recipe can be stored in the refrigerator for 5 days in an air tight container. This recipe also freezes well!
Other Dairy Free Desserts You Will Love
Did you try this recipe?
Leave a star rating and review below
Vegan Christmas Crack
- 1 box grain free crackers I like Simple Mills. See the notes below if you are AIP and following the autoimmune protocol
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 4 cups chocolate chips I like the enjoy life dairy free ones, use carob chips for AIP
- First, preheat the oven to 400. Lay out the gluten free crackers in a casserole dish in a single layer. Add the coconut oil to a sauce pan and melt. Then add in the coconut sugar and maple syrup, whisk in well. Bring the mixture to a boil then remove from heat. Pour the mixture over the crackers and place it in the oven for 5 minutes. Place the chocolate in the microwave for 1 minute and whisk until smooth. Then, spread the chocolate on top. Let the dessert set and refrigerate overnight.
So easy and I love the sweet and salty combo! Can’t wait to make these again.
Allianna Moximchalk says
One of my favorites!
Dana Marie Brennan says
This is such an easy recipe and I love that it satisfies sweet and salty! Can’t wait to make this as a snack or gift for the holidays.
Allianna Moximchalk says
I am so glad you enjoyed!