These Honey Lemon Pepper Wings are to die for. The citrus from the lemons combined with the raw honey and red pepper flakes are delicious! This recipe only takes 10 minutes to prep and 35 minutes to cook in the oven. These are perfect for a week night, game night, or just as an appetizer.
Wings are always my go to quick dinner! I love the variety of flavor options that they allow and how quickly I can have them ready. I like to make mine in the air fryer and the added bonus is that you don’t even have to thaw them first!
- Why You Will Love This Recipe
- Substitutions and Variations
- Step by Step Instructions
- How to make lemon pepper wings in the air fryer:
- Can I make these wings in the oven?
- How can I reheat these air fried wings?
- What should I serve with these crispy wings?
- If you like this recipe, you will LOVE the other air fryer wing recipes on my website:
- Honey lemon pepper wings
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- These wings come out so crispy! They are simple and delicious.
- This recipe is easy. No expert cooking skills needed!
- Kids will love this dish as well!
- This recipe is naturally gluten free, soy free, dairy free, refined sugar free, paleo, and whole30.
- These are the perfect option for a last minute dinner idea. They will be full of flavor but are quick to put together. You only need 10 minutes of prep!
- I love to make a variety of chicken wing flavors. You can make the wings and just toss in the sauces such as my Buffalo Chicken Wings.
- Honey-Any kind of honey will work, just make sure it is pure honey! It really doesn’t matter that it is raw or local because we will be cooking with it.
- Pepper-This is essential for these lemon pepper wings!
- Juiced lemon-To give these air fried chicken wings the lemony flavor. You can also use some lemon zest to garnish.
- Ghee-This is the base of the sauce. If you eat butter, you can use regular butter.
- Chicken wings-I get a monthly shipment from Butcher Box. They send me all of the best quality meats and seafood right to my door. I store them in the freezer and take out whatever I need the night before. If you use my link HERE you can get free bacon for life. I cook mine straight from the freezer frozen.
OPTIONAL: to garnish
- Red red pepper flakes
- Green onions
See recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
Substitutions and Variations
- If you do not like honey, you could substitute for agave.
- If you like the flavor but do not have chicken wings, you could substitute and use the sauce on chicken drumsticks.
This recipe has not been tested with other substitutions or variations. If you replace or add any ingredients, please let us know how it turned out in the comments below!
Step by Step Instructions
How to make lemon pepper wings in the air fryer:
- First, turn the air fryer on 350.
- Add the wings to the air fryer for 20 minutes. Once the 20 minutes is up, turn up the temperature to 400 and bake the wings for 25 more minutes. Be sure to toss the wings around.
- While the wings are cooking, make the sauce by adding all ingredients to a saucepan and bring to a simmer on medium heat.
- Once the wings are done, toss them in the honey lemon pepper sauce and garnish with desired toppings.
Can I make these wings in the oven?
- Absolutely! The instructions are still the same, however, be sure to make the wings on a non-stick baking sheet or spray a baking sheet with oil prior to cooking to ensure the wings do not stick.
How can I reheat these air fried wings?
- I suggest reheating the wings in the air fryer or oven on 350 for 5-10 minutes.
- If you know you are not going to eat the wings right away, I suggest waiting to add the sauce on until prior to eating to ensure they are nice and crispy!
What should I serve with these crispy wings?
- Bacon apple butternut squash
- Whole30 potato salad
- Vegan sweet potato mash
- Bacon wrapped asparagus
- Lemon garlic asparagus
- Lemon dill green beans
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE the other air fryer wing recipes on my website:
- Peanut butter and jelly wings
- Crispy honey mustard wings
- Paleo buffalo chicken wings
- Everything bagel seasoned wings with garlic aioli
If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.
Honey lemon pepper wings
To serve: (OPTIONAL)
- red pepper flakes
- green onions
- Place the frozen chicken wings n the air fryer at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes. Once the 20 minutes it up, turn up the air fryer to 400 degrees F for 15 minutes-be sure to toss around the wings. While the wings are cooking, place the sauce ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a simmer while continuously whisking. When the wings are done, add them to a bowl and pour the sauce over top. Garnish with optional green onions or red pepper flakes.