These honey lemon pepper wings are to die for. The citrus from the lemons combined with the raw honey and red pepper flakes are delicious! This recipe only takes 10 minutes to prep and 35 minutes to cook in the oven.
What makes these honey lemon pepper wings so good?
- First, they are super crispy.
- Secondly, the sauce is super simple to make!
- Third, this recipe is easy. No expert cooking skills needed!
Honey lemon pepper wings ingredients:
- Honey-Any kind of honey will work, just make sure it is pure honey! It really doesn’t matter that it is raw or local because we will be cooking with it.
- Pepper-This is essential for these lemon pepper wings!
- Juiced lemon-To give these air fried chicken wings the lemony flavor. You can also use some lemon zest to garnish.
- Ghee-This is the base of the sauce. If you eat butter, you can use regular butter.
- Chicken wings-I get a monthly shipment from Butcher Box. They send me all of the best quality meats and seafood right to my door. I store them in the freezer and take out whatever I need the night before. If you use my link HERE you can get free bacon for life. I cook mine straight from the freezer frozen.
OPTIONAL: to garnish
- Red red pepper flakes
- Green onions
How to make lemon pepper wings in the air fryer:
- First, turn the air fryer on 350.
- Add the wings to the air fryer for 20 minutes. Once the 20 minutes is up, turn up the temperature to 400 and bake the wings for 25 more minutes. Be sure to toss the wings around.
- While the wings are cooking, make the sauce by adding all ingredients to a saucepan and bring to a simmer on medium heat.
- Once the wings are done, toss them in the honey lemon pepper sauce and garnish with desired toppings.
Can I make these wings in the oven?
- Absolutely! The instructions are still the same, however, be sure to make the wings on a non-stick baking sheet or spray a baking sheet with oil prior to cooking to ensure the wings do not stick.
How can I reheat these air fried wings?
- I suggest reheating the wings in the air fryer or oven on 350 for 5-10 minutes.
- If you know you are not going to eat the wings right away, I suggest waiting to add the sauce on until prior to eating to ensure they are nice and crispy!
What should I serve with these crispy wings?
- Bacon apple butternut squash
- Whole30 potato salad
- Vegan sweet potato mash
- Bacon wrapped asparagus
- Lemon garlic asparagus
- Lemon dill green beans
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE the other air fryer wing recipes on my website:
- Peanut butter and jelly wings
- Crispy honey mustard wings
- Paleo buffalo chicken wings
- Everything bagel seasoned wings with garlic aioli
If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.
Honey lemon pepper wings
- Air fryer
- 1 pound chicken wings Frozen-I like Butcher Box. If you use my link, you can get FREE bacon for life.
- 2 lemons juiced
- pinch sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup ghee or butter
To serve: (OPTIONAL)
- red pepper flakes
- green onions
- Place the frozen chicken wings n the air fryer at 350 for 20 minutes. Once the 20 minutes it up, turn up the air fryer to 400 for 15 minutes-be sure to toss around the wings. While the wings are cooking, place the sauce ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a simmer while continuously whisking. When the wings are done, add them to a bowl and pour the sauce over top. Garnish with optional green onions or red pepper flakes. If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.