These shredded lamb power bowls make for a great lunch! They are loaded with vegetables and full of flavor. This recipe was inspired by one of my favorite salad places, Cava. This recipe is naturally Paleo, Whole30, and Keto friendly with an AIP option.
- Boneless lamb leg-You can get bone in, but you may need to adjust the cooking times.
- Dijon mustard-This adds so much flavor.
- Lemon-Dijon and lemon are one of my favorite combos. This is what makes this recipe! I like to squeeze it and add the slices on top.
- Pickled onions-You can buy store bought, or use my recipe right here.
- Cauliflower rice-I like to use this in place of grains, however if you enjoy grains you can totally use regular rice.
- Greens-Great way to get those extra vegetables in.
- Tahini dressing-You can use just about any dressing but I love the dash of my go to tahini dressing. It is so good!
- Cucumbers-Gets in some extra greens
- Bone broth-This prevents the lamb from drying out.
How to make shredded lamb power bowls:
- First, grab a roasting pan. If you do not have one, you can grab a regular pan. Preheat the oven to 325.
- Add the lamb and pour the bone broth on top.
- Next, smear the dijon mustard all over the lamb and squeeze the lemons on top. Then sit the remaining piece of the lemon on top.
- Bake the lamb for 2 hours. After one hour, flip the lamb and bake for an additional hour for 2 hours total.
- While the lamb is cooking, prepare your cauliflower rice.
- Once the lamb and rice is done, assemble your bowls.
How long does lamb last?
- Lamb will last 3-4 days.
Can I reheat?
- I suggest waiting to assemble your salad prior to eating. You may choose to heat up the lamb prior to eating, but personally I like it cold on my salad.
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE my other salads:
Hey-you’ve made it this far! If you make this recipe, I would love for you to give it a star ★ rating and review below. Make sure you are following me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook too!
Shredded Lamb Power Bowl
Servings 4 people690kcal
Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- roasting pan
For the lamb:
- 1/2 cup dijon mustard omit for AIP
- 1 whole lemon juiced, and rinds saved
- 2 pound boneless lamb leg
- 2 cups bone broth
Salad add in's: (OPTIONAL)
- picked onion Store bought or use my recipe!
- 1 whole cucumber sliced
- 1 bag cauliflower rice cooked
- 8 cups mixed greens
- 1 cup tahini dressing use Olive oil and lemon if AIP
- Preheat the oven to 325. Place the lamb in a roasting rack (can you baking sheet if you do not have one) and pour the bone broth over. Then, rub the dijon mustard all over followed by squeezing the lemon juice. Keep the lemon rinds and add on top. Cover the pan with foil and cook for 2 hours, then flip the lamb and cook for an additional 2 hours. Be sure to recover. Once the lamb is tender and easy to shred with two forks, shred the lamb and set aside.
- While the lamb is cooking prepare optional cauliflower rice and dressing if needed.
- If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.
Flavorful and easy lunch and dinner!
Serving: 1bowl | Calories: 690kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 44g | Fat: 54g | Saturated Fat: 23g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 166mg | Sodium: 553mg | Potassium: 685mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 931IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 65mg | Iron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Tag me on instagram @alliannaskitchen!
Really good! This bowl is so filling and tasty.
Allianna Moximchalk says
Love a good bowl meal!