This pan seared sea bass with ghee and pineapple pico de gallo melts in your mouth. The pan seared cooking method makes nice crispy edges with an inside that melts. This recipe only takes minutes to make meaning you can have dinner on the table within 15 minutes!
For the sea bass:
- Wild caught sea bass-I like to get this from Whole Foods.
- Ghee-This gives the sea bass a nice buttery flavor.
- Pinch of sea salt-To enhance the flavor.
- Lemon-To add a touch of citrus.
For the pineapple pico de gallo:
- Pineapple-We like to use a whole one and make plenty for leftovers to use with an appetizer. Chop this baby up into small 1 inch cubes.
- Red pepper-Compliments the pineapple well, but any colored pepper will work.
- Cilantro-I like fresh cilantro, it enhances the flavor big time.
- Fresh lime juice-To keep this pico nice and fresh with adding a citrus touch to the sweet pineapple.
- Red onions-For a nice crunch. I like red onions because they are more savory in this recipe. I use yellow onions for things where I want a sweet flavor.
How to make:
For the sea bass-
- Pat the sea bass dry and let it sit for 30 minutes to allow it to get closer to room temperature.
- Next, you will want to remove the bones from the fish. If you do not know how to do this, you can follow this post talking about it here!
- Now, add the ghee to the pan on medium heat. Get the pan nice and hot.
- Add the fish face down and cook for 4 minutes, then flip with a wide spatula carefully and cook for an additional 4 minutes. Sprinkle the lemon juice over the top of the fish. Once the 4 minutes is up remove from the pan.
For the pineapple pico de gallo-
- While the sea bass is cooking, chop up your pineapple, onion, and red pepper. Add your limes and cilantro and you are good to go!
How long does sea bass last in the fridge?
- I suggest only keeping it in the fridge for 2-3 days. It serves best when fresh.
How can I reheat this?
- I suggest serving the pico cold, but you can reheat the sea bass in the oven at 350 for 5-10 minutes.
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE my other fish recipes:
Pan Seared Sea Bass With Pineapple Pico De Gallo
- non-stick pan
For the sea bass:
Pineapple pico de gallo:
- 1 whole pineapple skinned and cubed
- 1 whole red pepper cubed, omit for AIP
- 1 whole red onion diced
- 4 whole limes juiced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
For the fish:
- Remove the sea bass from the fridge and set out for 30 minutes. Once the 30 minutes is up pat dry the fish and add ghee to the pan on medium heat on a non stick skillet. Let the pan get nice and hot. Add the sea bass face down for 4 minutes, then flip with a wide spatula and cook on the other side for 4 more minutes. Add the lemon juice in.
For the pico de gallo:
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix.