These quick, easy and restaurant styled copycat crispy honey mustard chicken wings are to die for. The honey mustard combined with the fresh green onions is oh so delicious. With this recipe only requiring 5 minutes of hands on time, it is the most perfect date night snack and quick dinner option.
What Do I Need To Make These Crispy Honey Mustard Chicken Wings?
For the honey mustard chicken wings:
- 1 pound chicken wings-I like the frozen ones from Butcher Box. I keep at least 3 or 4 bags in my freezer all of the time. They are perfect for meals that do not require a lot of hands on time. You can use my link HERE and save on your first order.
- Olive oil cooking spray and sea salt-This is what keeps the wings nice and crispy while cooking. I love Trader Joe’s olive oil cooking spray.
For the honey mustard:
- You can make your own using my recipe or buy the store bought ready to go kind. If you buy the store bought kind, I like this brand.
For the homemade honey mustard-
- Avocado mayo-Avocado mayo is the paleo alternative for conventional mayo. It is made with healthier fats. I like this brand.
- Lemon-the lemon juice compliments the honey so nicely.
- Dijon-This is what will give the honey mustard the mustard like taste and color.
- Honey-this is what will sweeten the mustard.
- We love to use fresh green onions. Be sure to chop the green part!
How To Make These Crispy Honey Mustard Chicken Wings:
- You can use both the oven or air fryer for this recipe, but I prefer the air fryer. I find they turn out a lot more crispier.
- First, preheat the oven or air fryer for 350. Now add the frozen wings and spray gently with olive oil and sea salt. If you are using an air fryer, it is ok for them to be on top of each other and overlapping now cook the wings for 20 minutes.
- Next, flip and toss the wings, kick up the temperature to 400 and cook for an additional 20 minutes.
- While the wings are cooking either add the store bought honey mustard to a bowl or mix up your own honey mustard.
- Once the wings are done, toss them in the large bowl with tongs. Garnish the wings with fresh green onions, be sure to use the dark green part.
My secrets for cooking the BEST chicken wings:
- First, wait until AFTER you cook the wings to add the sauce.
- Second, start off by cooking the frozen wings at a lower temperature, then kick the temperature up a bit to get them nice and crispy.
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE:
- Whole30& Paleo Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Paleo& Whole30 Everything Bagel Seasoned Wings w/ Garlic Aioli
- AIP, Whole30 & Keto Buffalo Wild Wings Copycat Lemon Garlic Wings
Join my online community for FREE and get a weekly newsletter from me.
Crispy Honey Mustard Chicken Wings
- small bowl
- 1/4 cup fresh green onions
For the homemade mustard:
- Place all ingredients in a small bowl and slowly whisk together.
For the crispy chicken wings:
- Pre-heat the oven or air fryer to 350. (I prefer the air fryer.) Place all the wings in the air fryer or on a baking sheet. It is ok if they are overlapping in the air fryer. Spray with the cooking oil spray and coat with the sea salt. Bake for 20 minutes. After the 20 minutes is up, turn up the oven or air fryer to 400 degrees, toss the wings, and cook for an additional 20 minutes.
- Add the chicken wings to a bowl with the honey mustard and toss with tongs. Serve with fresh green onions.