These crispy buffalo chicken wings are crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside, flavorful and spicy. My partner jokes that they are copycat sports bar wings, yet they are whole30 and paleo friendly. These wings only require 10 minutes of hands on time. We like to make them in place of take out on the weekends. These healthy chicken wings make the perfect meal and snack.
What Do I Need To Make These Crispy Buffalo Chicken Wings?
- 1 pound chicken wings-I like the frozen one from Trader Joe’s. I keep at least 3 or 4 bags in my freezer all of the time. They are perfect for meals that do not require a lot of hands on time.
- Sea salt & olive oil cooking spray-This is what keeps the wings nice and crispy while cooking.
For the buffalo sauce:
- Hot sauce-This is the base for the buffalo sauce. See below about the store bought paleo buffalo sauce.
- Ghee-This is what makes the sauce nice and smooth.
- Onion & garlic powder-Add even more flavor to this whole30 buffalo sauce.
- We love to use fresh dill and green onions.
For The Ranch:
- Check out my dressing recipe here or see below on the store bought brand I like.
The Secret For Cooking Crispy Wings:
- The number one secret is waiting until AFTER you cook the wings to add the sauce. If you add the sauce beforehand, the wings will get soggy.
How To Save Money On The Whole30
- The biggest concern I hear from people doing the Whole30 is the cost of all of the bottled sauces and dressings. We can fix that! The easiest ways to save money while doing the Whole30 is by making your own condiments!
- In this recipe, you can either make your own or buy it. This is my go to recipe for homemade ranch to dip these crispy wings in. If you would prefer to buy a bottle, I like this brand.
- You can use the homemade buffalo sauce recipe listed below or you can buy this Whole30 approved buffalo sauce.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you will LOVE:
Crispy Buffalo Chicken Wings
- air fryer or cooking tray
- small bowl
For the wings
For the ranch
For the buffalo sauce:
- Place all ingredients in a saucepan and whisk gently with a mini whisk or fork. Do this until the sauce is brought to a simmer.
For the wings:
- Pre-heat the oven or air fryer to 350. (I prefer the air fryer.) Place all the wings in the air fryer or on a baking sheet. It is ok if they are overlapping in the air fryer. Spray with the cooking oil spray and coat with the sea salt. Bake for 20 minutes. After the 20 minutes is up, turn up the oven or air fryer to 400 degrees and cook for an additional 20 minutes.
- Toss the chicken wings with the buffalo sauce and garnish with the green onions.