These buttery Whole30 scallops can be on your table in less than 15 minutes! They are crispy, buttery and full of flavor. The lemon, garlic and chives make these silky scallops oh so flavorful. This recipe is naturally paleo, keto, and AIP friendly.
What Do I Need To Make These Whole30 Scallops?
- Scallops-always wild caught! Make sure they are defrosted. I like to remove mine from the freezer the night before if they are frozen and thaw them out overnight in the fridge. We get our scallops from Butcher Box. I look forward to getting a box every month of my favorite grass fed and wild caught meats from them.
- Ghee-Ghee is what gives these scallops the buttery taste. If you are new here, Ghee is simply just purified butter. Ghee is a great butter alternative for those who have a dairy sensitivity because the casein and lactose are removed, which are the two most common proteins that people tend to have issues with.
- Chives-Chives add even more flavor to this buttery dish.
- Lemon-Lemon juice combined with garlic is in my opinion an award winning combo!
- Garlic-Don’t skip out on this. This is what makes these scallops oh so flavorful.
- Sea salt-Adds to the flavor.
How To Make These Lemon Garlic Scallops:
- First off, the key with this recipe is getting your non-stick pan super hot!
- But before you begin anything you want to pat dry your scallops with a paper towel and season with the salt.
- Next, add only one tablespoon of ghee to your pan.
- Now, add the scallops to the skillet and do not move for 2 minutes, then flip and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Once the scallops are cooked remove them from the pan and make the sauce.
- For the sauce you will want to add all ingredients to the pan and bring to a simmer.
- Once the sauce is brought to a simmer, pour the sauce over the scallops.
Can I Reheat Cooked Scallops?
- Technically you can but they may turn out a bit rubbery. Since the recipe does not take long to make, I suggest making them as you are ready to eat them. If you do want to reheat them I suggest doing so on the stovetop.
What Should I Eat These Keto Scallops With?
- You can eat them as an appetizer or you can eat them as a full meal. I love to eat mine with creamy whole30 garlic mashed potatoes.
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE my other fish recipes:
Join my online community for FREE and get a weekly newsletter from me.
Whole30 Scallops w/ Ghee, Chives, Lemon & Garlic (AIP, Keto, Paleo)
- non-stick pan
- Pat dry the scallops with a wet paper towel. Sprinkle the sea salt over the scallops. Heat up a non-stick skillet on medium high heat with only a tablespoon of the ghee. Add the scallops to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes. After 2 minutes is up, flip the scallops and cook for another 2 minutes. After the total of 4 minutes is up remove the scallops from the pan.
- Add the remaining ghee, garlic, lemon juice, and chives to the pan. Bring to a simmer and then pour over the scallops. ENJOY!