If you are looking for the perfect gluten free meatball recipe, you are in the right place. If you google “gluten free meatball recipe”, most of the results contain gluten free bread crumbs which are usually made with corn and other common food irritants. This week I made it my mission to discover bread crumb free, gluten free meatballs and it is mission accomplished! I love this recipe because it is so easy and there are no questionable ingredients. My go to way to serve the meatballs is with zucchini noodles. I use this spiralizer here. It is also great for making fries or any other kind of veggie noodles!
Paleo Italian Meatballs
- mixing bowl
- baking sheet
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup onion, diced I like to put it in the food processor to dice it super fine. No one wants a big chunk of onion in their meatballs!
- 1 york egg Dispose of the egg white.
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 5 cloves garlic either mince it or chop it up very fine.
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- a pinch sea salt
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
OPTIONAL: to serve with
- 2 boxes zucchini noodles can be found in the frozen section of the store. OR you can spiralize your own zucchini noodles which is super simple. I would suggest 2 medium size zucchinis in space of the boxed noodles.
- 1 jar red sauce I like the trader joes mushroom blend. It is whole30 compliant, OR you can make your own.
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Roll the meat into 8 meatballs.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper or a silicone baking sheet.
- Place the meatballs on the baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes.