These Gluten Free Banana Walnut Muffins are so stinkin good and easy to make! Flourless muffins are a go to in my house, they are loaded with healthy fats and ingredients that you will likely already have on hand. These muffins only take 10 minutes to prep which means they are a great addition to your weekly meal prepping! I can’t forget to mention, kids love them too.
This recipe was sponsored by Heinen’s, my favorite grocery store in Ohio!
What Makes These Gluten Free Banana Muffins So Good?
- They are super simple to make!
- Secondly, they made for a great snack, breakfast, or even dessert.
- Third, these gluten free muffins freeze super well which means that I love to batch make them. I like to make 3-4 batches and freeze them.
Gluten Free Banana Walnut Muffin Ingredients:
- Nut butter-Any kind will work! I love using almond butter for this recipe.
- Eggs-To help bind everything together.
- Flax seeds-This adds some extra fiber and in addition to the eggs helps bind everything together,
- Applesauce-This is a binder too, and it helps sweeten these gluten free banana muffins!
- Banana-For the banana flavor.
- Maple syrup-To add some sweetness.
- Walnuts-For a nice nutty crunch!
- Apple cider vinegar-To help these muffins rise.
- Cooking oil spray-To prevent the muffins from sticking.
How To Make:
- First, preheat the oven to 350.
- Next, place all ingredients in a bowl together and mix well.
- If you are using paper muffin liners, line the cupcake tray with the paper liners. If you are using a silicone muffin tray, spray the pan with cooking oil spray.
- Now, divide the batter between the 12 muffin cups.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
What Kind Of Muffin Tray Should I Use?
- I love these silicone ones HERE because the muffins literally just pop out and they require minimal clean up.
Can I Freeze These Muffins?
- Yes! I love to batch bake them and freeze them to use at a later time. I find that if you freeze the cupcake papers, they will collect a ton of water so allow the muffins to cool prior to freezing them and remove the liners.
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE my other muffin recipes here:
- Gluten Free Apple Muffins
- Flourless Pumpkin Muffins
- Gluten Free Zucchini Muffins
- Paleo Blueberry Muffins
If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.xoxo-Allianna
Gluten Free Banana Walnut Muffins
- muffin pan or silicone muffin pan
- 1 cup nut butter either almond or peanut butter
- 1 banana mashed
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup walnuts chopped
- cooking spray oil I like avocado oil
- Preheat the oven to 350. Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix together. If you are using a silicone muffin pan, spray it with the avocado oil (skip if you are using paper liners.) Then, evenly distribute the batter between the cups and bake for 25 minutes. If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.xoxo-Allianna