This paleo mac and cheese recipe is creamy and delicious! This recipe only takes minutes to make and is something the whole family can eat.
What makes this AIP mac and cheese so good?
- First off, nutritional yeast is amazing! It gives dishes that are cheesy like flavor without adding any real cheese.
- It is so simple and only takes minutes to make.
- My husband even eats it!
Paleo mac and cheese ingredients:
- Cassava noodles–I love the Jovial ones. If you have not tried cassava noodles yet, they are amazing. They are both gluten free and grain free. I do not know what I did before Jovial came out with this amazing noodle! If you use my link HERE for a thrive market, you can get $25 off your first order.
- Nutritional yeast-This is what gives the mac n cheese that cheesy like flavor. I like to get it from either Trader Joe’s or Whole Foods.
- Garlic powder-Lots of it.
- Sea salt-To add flavor.
- Turmeric-To give the mac n cheese a golden flavor.
- Arrowroot powder-This is what will thicken the sauce.
- Coconut milk-For your liquid. I like the Trader Joe’s canned brand.
- Ghee-To give it the buttery taste!
How to make:
- First, make your noodles according to the instructions on the box. I like to make mine al dente. Keep in mind that the noodles will continue to cook even when you strain them so be sure they are not mushy and add salt to the water so they do not stick.
- Next, for the cheesy sauce, place all ingredients in a blender and blend until mixed throughout.
- Set aside the cheese, now add the milk to a saucepan and 3 tbsp of the cheesy sauce (save the rest of the cheese seasoning for another time) on medium heat and whisky until a cheesy like sauce forms. Then, whisk in the ghee, then add the pasta.
- Serve warm!
What can I serve with this?
- This recipe is great as is, but you can also serve it with broccoli!
What should I do with the leftover cheese mix?
- Save it for next time in an air tight mason jar.
How should I reheat Whole30 mac and cheese?
- I suggest reheating on the stovetop with ghee or in the microwave.
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE my other AIP recipes:
- AIP hummus
- AIP pesto
- Nut free shrimp pesto pasta
- Pan seared chilean sea bass with a lemon ghee caper sauce
If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.
Join my online community for FREE and get a weekly newsletter from me.
Paleo Mac and Cheese
- Stock pot for the noodles
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp arrowroot powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp turmeric powder for color
- Make the noodles according to the instructions on the box with a little bit of salt to prevent sticking. Next, place the cheese mix sauce dry ingredients in a food blender for 30 seconds. When the noodles are done, add the milk to a saucepan with 3 tbsp of the mac n cheese powder (save the rest for another time) and continuously whisk until a cheese sauce forms. Then, add the ghee& lemon juice and whisk. Now, add in the noodles and mix. Serve warm. If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.