This paleo gnocchi bolognese is a healthy spin on the traditional Italian dish. It is loaded with flavor and nutrient dense, you will have no idea that the gnocchi is actually made from cauliflower! This dish only requires 5 minutes of hands on time and 15 minutes of cook time making it the perfect weeknight meal for days you are in a rush. This dish is simple yet mouthwatering good. The fresh basil on the top adds the most perfect touch.
What You Need To Make Paleo Gnocchi Bolognese:
- Cauliflower gnocchi-You wouldn’t even know that the gnocchi in this recipe is made from cauliflower. You can find this healthy alternative at Trader Joe’s.
- Red sauce-You can for sure make homemade, but if you are looking to save on time I love this brand. It is full of flavor and clean.
- Garlic and sea salt-This seasons the meat.
- Spinach-You can’t even taste it, so why not add more greens.
- Fresh basil to garnish-Fresh herbs add the most perfect touch.
- Grass fed beef-The quality of my meats are super important to me. I always use Butcher Box. If you click here, you can get $30 off your first order.
How To Make Paleo Gnocchi Bolognese:
- Aside from the taste, the second best thing about this recipe is how easy it is! This recipe is quick.
- First, add your beef, sea salt, and garlic to the pan. Cook it on medium low. If you cook it at a higher temperature the beef will come out tough. It is meant to be cooked slowly.
- Move the beef around with a wooden spatula.
- Once 5 minutes is up, add the remaining ingredients: spinach, red sauce and gnocchi. Be sure to keep the stovetop on low-medium heat.
- Now, cook for 10-15 minutes. You want to cook it to the point where the cauliflower gnocchi can be easily cut in half with a spoon.
- Serve with fresh herbs like basil.
Can I Reheat?
- Yes, absolutely! I suggest reheating on the stovetop on low heat. I do not suggest reheating meat in the microwave.
How Long Does It Last In The Fridge?
- Up to 5 days in an airtight container.
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE:
Paleo Gnocchi Bolognese (Whole30, Lower Carb)
- large pot
- Garlic mincer
- Place the ground beef, garlic and salt in the skillet on low medium heat for 5 minutes. Constantly break up the beef with a wooden spatula. Cook until little to no pink is present.
- Add the red sauce, cauliflower gnocchi, and spinach to the pot and cover with a lid. Cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Cook until the gnocchi is easy to break through with the spatula.