This dairy free peanut butter cookies recipe is also paleo friendly, grain free, and oh so delicious. The combination of peanut butter with chocolate chunks makes them such a treat, and the texture is amazingly soft. For this recipe, you can also use almond butter if you prefer. These peanut butter chocolate chunk cookies only require a total of 25 minutes for both prep and cook time. They’re so yummy, you’ll forget that they’re actually good for you!
- Growing up, my mom would make the most amazing peanut butter chocolate chunk cookies. They would literally melt in your mouth! For as long as I can remember, they were my favorite cookie.
- When I started eating gluten and dairy free, I was determined to find a way to still eat my favorite treats. I don’t believe focusing on your health means you have to settle for bland or unsatisfying desserts.
- One of the biggest problems I’ve found with gluten free recipes is that they crumble before they hit your mouth. But not these paleo peanut butter cookies!
- The combination of peanut butter, coconut oil, and maple syrup keeps them so soft. And using almond flour and coconut flour together gives them an amazing texture.
- Since this was my favorite cookie growing up, I’m so glad I found a way to make dairy free peanut butter cookies that taste just as amazing. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
What Do I Need To Make Grain Free Peanut Butter Cookies
- Almond flour: One of my favorite options for paleo and gluten free baking.
- Coconut flour: Great to mix with almond flour for a little extra chewiness.
- Baking soda: Helps the cookies rise and form a soft center.
- Peanut butter: Make sure you use the kind that is only roasted peanuts with no added sugar. You could substitute almond butter if you prefer.
- Coconut oil: Keeps the cookies wonderful and moist.
- Maple syrup: Make sure it’s the pure kind with no additives.
- Vanilla extract: Really brings out the flavor of the chocolate.
- Egg: My go to binding agent in paleo baking.
- Chocolate chunks: Use your favorite dairy free semi-sweet mini chocolate chips! I like to use the brand Enjoy Life. If you aren’t dairy free, you can use any brand of mini chocolate chips you like.
Can I Use Almond Butter Instead Of Peanut Butter?
- Absolutely! This is a great option if you have an allergy to peanuts or would just rather use almond butter.
- These nut butters have a 1:1 ratio. So you will use a ½ cup of whichever you prefer.
How To Make Peanut Butter Cookies
- First, preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients except for the chocolate chunks.
- Using an ice-cream scoop, scoop evenly sized balls into a nonstick baking dish or onto a cookie sheet.
- Place the cookies in the oven for 15 minutes.
- When you take the cookies out of the oven, use a spatula to flatten the top of each cookie. Then, add a chocolate chunk to the center of each cookie, pushing down gently until the chocolate is seated within the dough.
Can I Store Peanut Butter Cookies?
- Yes you can!
- These paleo peanut butter cookies will keep in the fridge for up to 1 week. You can also store them in the freezer in zip lock bags in a single layer for up to 2 weeks.
- I like to make a batch over the weekend so I can enjoy them with my family as a healthy treat all week long.
This recipe was originally published on August 29th, 2019 and updated on December 13th 2020 to improve user experience.
If You Like This Recipe, You Will LOVE My Other Dessert Recipes
- Paleo Olive Oil Cookies with Chocolate Chips
- Vegan Skillet Cookie
- Paleo & Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies
- Gluten Free Chocolate Donuts with Pumpkin Maple Frosting
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Cookies (Gluten Free Paleo)
- mixing bowl
- whisk or spoon
- baking dish or cookie sheet
- ice cream scoop
- 2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup peanut butter or almond butter
- 1/2 cup room temperature coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup make sure its the pure kind - no additives!
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 8 chocolate chunks use your favorite dairy free semi-sweet mini chocolate chips! I like to use the brand Enjoy Life. if you aren't dairy free, you can use whatever brand of mini chocolate chips you like.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except for chocolate chunks. Using an ice-cream scoop, scoop evenly sized balls into a nonstick baking dish or onto a cookie sheet.
- Place in oven for 15 minutes. When you take the cookies out of the oven, use a spatula to flatten the top of each cookie. Then add a chocolate chunk to the center of each cookie, pushing down gently until the chocolate is seated within the dough.