This beef liver pate recipe is a go to in my house for hosting. This recipe makes for a delicious appetizer all year round. We love to dip it with carrots and celery. This recipe is naturally autoimmune protocol friendly as well as keto, paleo & Whole30 friendly.
Why I Love Liver:
- I was first introduced to liver when I did Sarah Ballentyne’s Paleo Autoimmune Protocol (AIP.) It is one of the most nutrient dense foods out there. Nutrient density of foods is important for those doing the AIP diet.
- I was worried about the taste when I first started to read about all of it’s benefits, but I soon found that when liver is seasoned properly, it is quite delicious!
Ingredients In This Beef Liver Pate Recipe:
- Beef liver- You can use calf or beef liver. Calf liver is just a baby cow vs. beef liver is from a grown cow. If you cannot find this at the grocery store ask the butcher, sometimes they have it behind the counter in the butchers area.
- EVOO-I like using olive oil to mix dips once they are cooked. It compliments the liver nicely.
- Avocado oil-Avocado oil is used to sear the liver. If you are not doing AIP, you can use ghee.
- Sea salt-sea salt brings out the natural flavor of the liver.
- Oregano-adds some extra flavor.
- Fresh parsley-adds some texture to the dish.
- Pomegranate seeds-adds a nice sweet crunch.
How To Make This Beef Liver Pate Recipe:
- This recipe is SIMPLE!
- First, pan sear the garlic and liver in a pan with the avocado oil. Sear the liver for 2 minutes on each side for 4 minutes total.
- Next, add the liver, garlic, and remaining ingredients in the food processor and press pure until smooth. I use this food processor here.
What To Eat This With:
- You can totally eat it alone or you can use it as a dip.
- For the dips we like to use fresh vegetables like carrots and celery or my favorite paleo crackers. You can find them HERE.
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE:
Join my online community for FREE and get a weekly newsletter from me.
Beef Liver Pate Recipe
- Food processor
- 1 pound beef liver calf liver will also work
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 5 tbsp EVOO
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- Place a non stick skillet on medium heat in a non-stick frying pan. Add the avocado oil, garlic, and liver. Satuee the liver and sear the liver for 2 minutes on each side for 4 minutes total.
- Once the liver is cooked and the garlic is seared, add all ingredients to the food processor and pure until smooth. Serve with crackers or vegetables.