These Paleo Chicken Caesar Wraps are so delicious! The chicken is super crispy and the fresh romaine greens add a nice crunch. These wraps are topped off with cheesy nutritional yeast to add a nice cheesy flavor. You can have dinner on the table within 30 minutes with this recipe.
Why You Should Make This Recipe:
- First off, the chicken in this recipe is super crispy.
- Secondly, this recipe reminds me so much of my other favorite Crispy Paleo BLT Chicken Wraps.
- This recipe is naturally grain free, gluten free, dairy free, paleo and Whole30 friendly.
- This recipe is super kid friendly, I have yet to meet a kid that does not like crispy chicken!
- You can have dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes with this recipe.
- I am obsessed with the sprinkled nutritional yeast on top, it gives these dairy free wraps a nice cheesy flavor.
- This recipe makes for a great recipe to make during meal prep. I like to prepare the chicken on its own and keep the ingredients separated so all I have to do is assemble when I am ready to eat!
For the chicken-
- Chicken tenderloins-I get my chicken tenderloins from Butcher Box. Every month they send me a box of all of my favorite sustainably raised proteins. I love keeping a stash of their stuff in my freezer so all I have to do is thaw it out. I never have to worry about my meat going back. If you use my link to Butcher Box, you can get free ground beef for life!
- Cassava flour–I only use Ottos’ cassava flour. Note that not all brands are created equally and I have noticed a big difference in different brands and textures.
- Garlic powder & sea salt-For flavor.
- Cooking oil spray-I like the cooking oil avocado spray from Costco but any kind will work. You can also use a brush with oil on it in place of the spray.
- Caesar Dressing-I like the Primal Kitchen brand if you are looking for one that is already made. I also love making my own too with my homemade Paleo Caesar Dressing. Note if you are doing the autoimmune protocol (AIP) you can substitute the mayo with pureed artichokes.
- Tomatoes-For some extra flavor. Skip for AIP.
- Romaine lettuce-This is a must! I love adding this for the extra crunch.
- Nutritional yeast-To give these wraps a cheesy flavor.
- Wraps-You can make your own homemade cassava flour wraps using my recipe or buy your own. I like the siete brand. If you are doing AIP you will need to make my homemade wraps.
How To Make:
- First mix the cassava flour with the garlic powder and salt in a bowl.
- Next, spray the metal rack in your air fryer with cooking spray oil. If you do not have a spray, use a brush to coat the oil onto the rack.
- Now dip the chicken tenderloins into the cassava mixture. Make sure the tenders are well coated.
- Add the chicken to the air fryer and then drizzle some oil on top to ensure that it gets nice and crispy.
- Now place the chicken in the air fryer at 400 for 7 minutes. Once the 7 minutes is up, flip the chicken and cook for an additional 5 more minutes.
- Once the chicken is done assemble the wraps and top off with nutritional yeast.
Can I Bake The Chicken In The Oven?
- If you do not have an air fryer and are using an oven, be sure to use a non-coated cooking rack over a baking sheet. This will help the chicken get crispy on both sides. Be sure it is non-coated, if it is coated in plastic it will melt in the oven.
Can I Make These For Meal Prep?
- Yes! I highly suggest waiting to assemble your wraps right until you are ready to eat but you can for sure prepare the parts ahead of time.
What Is Cassava Flour?
- Cassava flour is made from cassava root (yuca.) Cassava flour is widely used in paleo and AIP cooking because it is grain free, nut free, and gluten free. I only use the Otto’s brand because not all brands are created equally. I love using it to get things nice and crispy. It works well with breading just about any protein too-like my Gluten Free Fried Shrimp!
What Kind Of Air Fryer Do You Use?
- I have this Air Fryer and have been using it for years! It is so easy to use and has multiple functions.
- Be sure to heavily coat your air fryer insert with oil to prevent the chicken from sticking!
- If you do not have chicken tenderloins, you can use chicken breasts, just slice them up.
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE:
Join my online community for FREE and get a weekly newsletter from me.
Paleo Chicken Caesar Wraps
- Air fryer or baking sheet with metal cooling rack
For the chicken:
- 6 gluten free tortillas I like the siete brand or see my notes about making your own. Make my homemade ones for AIP.
- 3 cups romaine chopped
For the dressing:
- 1 cup caesar dressing I like Primal Kitchen, or you can make your own, see my notes to make your own. Make your own with my notes for AIP.
Optional to serve:
- fresh tomatoes omit for AIP
- sprinkle nutritional yeast
For the air fryer:
- Mix the garlic powder with the sea salt and cassava flour. Insert the metal grate into the air fryer and spray with the cooking spray oil. Now, toss the chicken in the cassava mixture and place on the grate in the air fryer. Now spray the top of the chicken generously with the cooking spray oil and bake at 400 for 8 minutes, then flip and spray with oil and bake for an additional 8 minutes.
For the oven:
- Mix the garlic powder with the sea salt and cassava flour. Place a metal cooling rack on a baking sheet and spray with the cooking oil to prevent the chicken from sticking. Now, toss the chicken in the cassava mixture and place on the grate in the air fryer. Now spray the top of the chicken generously with the cooking spray oil and bake at 400 for 8 minutes, then flip and spray with oil and bake for an additional 8 minutes.
- Place 1/2 cup chopped romaine lettuce on each tortilla. Add a slice of chicken, mini tomatoes and drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with nutritional yeast to serve. If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.xoxo-Allianna