These crispy Buffalo Wild Wings copycat garlic butter wings are my fiance’s favorite. They are the perfect date night alternative to take out. With these crispy wings only requiring 5 minutes of hands on time, they are also perfect for all of your weeknight cooking needs! These garlic butter wings are naturally Whole30, paleo, keto and AIP friendly.
What Do I Need To Make Garlic Butter Chicken Wings?
- 1 pound chicken wings-I like the frozen one from Trader Joe’s. I keep at least 3 or 4 bags in my freezer all of the time. They are perfect for meals that do not require a lot of hands on time.
- Sea salt, pepper & olive oil cooking spray-This is what keeps the wings nice and crispy while cooking.
For the garlic butter sauce:
- Garlic-This is what makes these wings! Do not jip the garlic. I love to use a lot of garlic.
- Ghee-This is what makes the sauce nice and smooth. Ghee is a great alternative for butter in paleo cooking.
- Lemon-The lemon compliments the garlic and ghee oh so nicely with this dish.
- We love to garnish with fresh chives, green onions, and red pepper flakes. Be sure to omit the red pepper if you are doing the autoimmune protocol.
My Secret Tip For Cooking These Crispy Garlic Butter Wings:
- The number one secret is waiting until AFTER you cook the wings to add the sauce. If you add the sauce beforehand, the wings will get soggy. The wings won’t be able to get real crispy.
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE:
- Paleo/ Whole30 Buffalo Crispy Wings
- Everything Bagel Seasoned Wings With Garlic Aioli
- Paleo/ Whole30Cilantro Lime Chicken Wings
Hey-you’ve made it this far! If you make this recipe, I would love for you to give it a star ★ rating and review below. Make sure you are following me on Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook too!
BWW Copy Cat Garlic Butter Wings
Servings 2 people692kcal
Print Recipe Pin Recipe
- air fryer or baking sheet
- Sauce pan
- 1 pound frozen chicken wings I like the ones from Trader Joe's
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper OMIT FOR AIP
- 1 whole lemon juiced
- cooking oil spray
OPTIONAL (to garnish)
- 1 tbsp fresh chives
- 1/4 cup green onions the green part chopped
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes OMIT FOR AIP
- honey to drizzle
For the wings
- Pre-heat the oven or air fryer to 350. (I prefer the air fryer.) Place all the wings in the air fryer or on a baking sheet. It is ok if they are overlapping in the air fryer. Spray with the cooking oil spray and coat with the sea salt. Bake for 20 minutes. After the 20 minutes is up, turn up the oven or air fryer to 400 degrees and cook for an additional 20 minutes.
For the sauce:
- Place the ghee and garlic in a saucepan on medium heat until it is fully melted.We prefer to dip the wings in the buttery garlic sauce. Garnish on top with green onions, chives, and red pepper if desired.
Buffalo wild wings healthy paleo, AIP and Whole30 friendly garlic butter wings.
Serving: 0.5bag | Calories: 692kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 65g | Saturated Fat: 33g | Cholesterol: 210mg | Sodium: 130mg | Potassium: 293mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 666IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Tag me on instagram @alliannaskitchen!
You have lemon juice in the ingredients but there is no lemon juice in the instructions. Do you add it to the sauce or just pour it on top afte
Allianna Moximchalk says
You can add it in the sauce 🙂
These come out so crispy in the air fryer! The garlic and butter is delicious on these wings. Love this recipe
Allianna Moximchalk says
Air fryer is the best method for wings!!