This easy Winter Fruit Salad is super simple to make and is an elegant step up from your traditional fruit salad. The kiwi combined with the fresh pomegranate seeds, clementines and poppyseed dressing is quite delicious. In my house we like to prepare a nice batch of this on Sundays to eat with Sunday brunch and eat it all week long!
What Makes This Winter Fruit Salad So Good?
- First off, this lime poppyseed dressing is to die for! It is so simple to make and adds the most perfect touch.
- Secondly, this salad is so fun! I like to cut the kiwi using a little cookie cutter to give it a fun shape.
Winter Fruit Salad Ingredients:
- Pomegranate seeds-You can buy your pomegranate seeds already in small cups or you can cut the seeds out yourself.
Clementines-You can also use cuties too! Make sure they are peeled.
- Banana-Ripened. If you are making this salad in advance make sure to add in the banana prior to serving or it will get mushy.
- Kiwi-In my opinion this is the BEST part! I like using mini cookie cutters here to make them in fun little shapes. You can buy the cookie cutters I have HERE. The kiwi will get mushy like the banana so I suggest waiting to cut it prior to serving.
- Fresh mint leaves-I LOVE the fresh mint in this salad.
Lime Poppyseed Dressing:
- Honey-For a tab of sweetness. You can omit the honey if you are vegan and use maple syrup!
- Lime & apple cider vinegar-To give a nice kick!
- Olive oil-To thin out the dressing.
- Poppy Seeds-For texture.
- Sea salt-For taste.
How To Make:
- First, place the dressing ingredients in the food processor and blend until smooth.
For the salad:
- Peel apart the clementines, dice up the banana, and cut and peel the kiwi. Place everything in a bowl and mix! I like to add the fresh mint leaves on top.
How To Cut A Pomegranate:
- First, cut off the ends of the pomegranate,
- Then, cut the pomegranate into 6ths like you would an apple.
- Now, pull off the pieces and the seeds should just pop out.
- Keep in mind that pomegranate stains so be careful while you are doing this!
- For more of a detailed explanation on how to cut and seed pomegranate, check out this blog post HERE.
What Should I Make This Easy Winter Fruit Salad For?
I love making this fruit salad for brunch on Sundays. It goes so well with my favorite brunch favorites below:
- Dairy Free Hollandaise Sauce for Eggs Benedict
- Cranberry Oatmeal Bars
- Spinach Mushroom Frittata
- Turkey Bacon In The Oven
If you like this recipe you may want to check out my other fruity recipes:
If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.xoxo-Allianna
Easy Winter Fruit Salad
- mixing bowl
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 10 clementines peeled and seperated
- 6 whole kiwi sliced and peeled
- 2 bananas peeled and chopped
For the poppyseed dressing:
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp poppyseeds
- 3 fresh mint leaves chopped
- pinch sea salt
- 1 lime juiced
For the dressing:
- Place all ingredients in the food processor (or whisk) and blend until smooth.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix. If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.xoxo-Allianna