These homemade autoimmune protocol friendly Tigernut Cookies are super simple to make! Tigernut is a great alternative for people who have nut allergies. These AIP cookies are also egg free which make them a great allergy friendly dessert option.
Tigernut Cookies Ingredients:
- Tigernut butter–You can buy this from the store or make your own. I like making my own with this recipe HERE. I find it is far more economical to make your own too!
- Maple syrup-To sweeten these cookies. I do not suggest subbing out maple syrup for another sweetener.
- Baking soda-To help the cookies rise.
- Coconut flour-To help bind everything together.
How To Make Tigernut Flour Cookies:
- First, preheat the oven to 350.
- Then place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. Tigernut can be somewhat rough to mix so using the food processor makes it easier, yet it is optional if you would prefer to do it by hand.
- Now, using a 1 inch cookie scoop and scoop out the cookies onto the non-stick baking sheet.
- Next, using a fork press down on the cookies into a criss cross like you would to make peanut butter cookies. Thi is purely just to make them look prettier, you can skip this step!
- Now, bake for 15 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to sit for 20 minutes prior to serving or moving from the baking sheet.
What Are Tigernuts?
- Despite the name, tigernuts are actually nut free! Tigernuts are tubers like sweet potatoes and actually taste like nuts. They are a great nut free option for those who cannot tolerate nuts and are doing AIP the (autoimmune protocol.)
What Kind of Food Processor Do You Use?
- I have this one HERE. I have had this since college and absolutely love it. It cleans so well and has held up over the years.
If you like this recipe, you will LOVE my other tigernut recipes:
If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.
- high speed blender
- Cookie scooper
- 1 cup tigernut butter Click to make your own with my recipe!
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- Preheat your oven to 350. Place all ingredients in the food processor to blend. Then, using a 1 inch cookie scoop scoop the cookie dough onto a non-stick pan. Bake for 15 minutes. If you enjoyed this recipe it would mean the world to me if you rated it and left a comment below. It helps others find it on google.