These paleo olive oil cookies with chocolate chips are the perfect healthy cookies that actually taste like the real thing! They’re dairy free, gluten free, and have that buttery moist taste that makes them oh so delicious. Combined with the chocolate chips, they are to die for. They have become a staple in my menu for all of my private chef events. With these cookies only taking 10 minutes to prep and 20 minutes to bake, they’re a great treat for adults and kids alike and perfect for any occasion.
This recipe was originally published on 9/9/2019, but was updated on 12/8/2020 to improve user experience.
What Do I Need To Make Paleo Olive Oil Cookies With Chocolate Chips?
- Olive oil: This is the key to making the cookies soft and chewy. The olive oil can be substituted for coconut oil, however, that will add a coconut-y flavor to the cookies.
- Coconut sugar: This is my favorite paleo sweetener. You could also use maple sugar.
- Maple syrup: To add flavor, help bind the cookies, and keep them soft. When buying, make sure it’s pure maple syrup with no added extra ingredients. I like the Kirkland brand from Costco. The only ingredient is pure maple syrup and you get the best bang for your buck.
- Eggs: My go to binding agent in paleo cooking. If you want to avoid eggs, a flax egg is a great alternative!
- Vanilla extract and sea salt: Both ingredients enhance the flavor of the chocolate. Do not skip!
- Baking soda: This ingredient helps the cookies rise for that chewy center. For best results, make sure it’s not expired.
- Almond flour: This is my go to flour for paleo and gluten free baking.
- Dairy-free chocolate chips: You can’t forget the chocolate! I like ENJOY LIFE chocolate chips. You can get them at Whole Foods or Target. If you are not dairy free, you could use regular chocolate chips.
How Do I Make Paleo Olive Oil Cookies With Chocolate Chips?
- First, preheat the oven to 350.
- Add all of the ingredients to a bowl and mix with a hand mixer until a dough forms. Do n
- Next, scoop the cookie dough into 1 inch wide balls and place them on a cookie sheet. You should be able to make roughly 8 small cookies.
- Then, bake the cookies for 20 minutes.
- Once you take the cookies out, let them sit on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes.
- Finally, transfer the cookies onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
Can I Store These Chocolate Chip Cookies?
- Absolutely! You can store your cookies in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 7 days. You may notice that the texture is even better the next day. Be sure to let them cool completely before storing them.
- Want to make the cookies in advance? No problem! You can also freeze these cookies once they chill in the freezer for an airtight container for up to a month. Be sure to separate the layers with wax paper so the cookies do not stick.
Can I Freeze The Dough And Bake Them Fresh?
- Yes! You can roll the rough out into the small balls, and put them in a ziplock bag.
If You Like This Recipe, You Will LOVE My Other Dessert Recipes:
- Paleo & Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Paleo Pumpkin Bundt Cake With Dairy Free Chocolate Ganache
- Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies
- Paleo Chocolate Banana Bread
- Gluten Free Red Velvet Cake With Almond Cream Frosting
Paleo Olive Oil Cookies With Chocolate Chips
- mixing bowl
- whisk or spoon
- baking dish or pan
- ice cream/ cookie scooper
- 1/3 cup olive oil you can sub for coconut oil, I prefer olive oil.
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup make sure it's the pure kind - no additives!
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 cup dairy-free chocolate chips use your favorite dairy free semi-sweet mini chocolate chips! I like to use the brand Enjoy Life. if you aren't dairy free, you can use whatever brand of mini chocolate chips you like.
- sprinkle of sea salt
- 2 Eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix with a whisk or spoon. Using an ice-cream scoop, scoop evenly sized balls into a nonstick baking dish or onto a cookie sheet.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes, until the tops of the cookies begin to brown. You want the cookies to be soft on the inside and crispy on the outside. Let the cookies sit for 10 minutes to cool before transferring them off of the baking sheet.