This blog was originally written on May 23rd 2017 and revised on June 13th 2020.
Today we celebrate one of my favorite Instagram holidays, National Donut Day. I am pleased to say that I nailed this gluten free donut recipe. I am so happy to have finally found a gluten free donut recipe that is actually moist and doesn’t crumble. The chocolate sauce on top is the icing on the cake!
Chocolate Frosted Donuts (Dairy free, Gluten Free, Paleo)
- 2 cups almond flour
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
For the chocolate:
- 1 cup chocolate chips. I like Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips because they are dairy free.
- ½ cup almond milk
- Optional: sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Place all of the donut ingredients in a food mixer and mix thoroughly.
- Spray the donut molds with the olive oil.
- Evenly divide the donut mixture among the 6 donuts
- Bake for 16 minutes.
- Let the donuts cool for 10 minutes.
- Once the donuts have cooled, remove donuts from the pan and place on a cooling rack and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Place the almond milk in a small egg frying pan on medium, once the milk is boiling add the chocolate and continually whisk until it makes a smooth chocolate syrup.
- Dip the donuts in the chocolate and place back on the lined cookie sheet in the refrigerator. Refrigerate until serving!
- **You can individually wrap and freeze these donuts for up to a month.